🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » cant find real buyer!
Page options
sparkjutal
Community Member

cant find real buyer!

hey I cant fined real buyer.

The people I'm knocking for work are asking me to go outside of Upwork and contact Tared. And if I give them some money they will give me work. So I can't find any real buyer. Please help me to find real buyer.

6 REPLIES 6
PradeepH

Hi Spark,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your experience with the client. Please note that Upwork does not encourage freelancers to communicate or accept payment outside of Upwork or pay any security or deposit to the client as this may lead to possible fraud. Please check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Is there any downside to avoiding it?

Hi Spark,

I would say there's really no downside to avoiding questionable jobs. You're protecting yourself from possible scams. You're not wasting your time on fake projects that are just meant to exploit you. Wouldn't you agree?

~ AJ
Upwork
pgiambalvo
Community Member

Yes, it can be very hard to find jobs here that are aren't scams, especialy for new freelencers, because there are so many of them. But soon you'll get used to it.

What can I do now?

Spark J wrote:

What can I do now?

Look here first: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

Then keep sending proposals slowly/carefully until you ran out of Connects .

Repeat next month when Connects refilled.

You should learn how to separate real work from scams in the process. You might also find your own method to win a bid.

Read this community forum on your spare time.

No need to buy connects unless you really want to, the same with upgrading your membership.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members