🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » identity verification option not showing in s...
Page options
dani_arch
Community Member

ID Badge Verification

Hi guys I have changed sucesfully verfied my ID but have failed selfie verification lol, my selfie has a beard, my profile pic doesnt lol can anyone help me out pleaseeee

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Get,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,424 REPLIES 1,424
thieulamtapsu
Community Member

Hi guys, I'm a newcomer. As I just created my account a few days ago, I want to verify my identity to submit proposals. However, it keeps showing "We are unable to complete ID verification at this time. Please contact support by visiting the Upwork Help Center to resolve this issue." everytimes I hit the "Get started" button. Been trying this for days.

Any ideas to help?

Thanks.

Hi Bach,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via this support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
phonienguyen
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I'm newbie and now I'm having visual verification problem. Can anyone tell me how to fix it or who to contact to fix this. Thank you!
Best regardsScreen Shot 2021-07-21 at 01.21.10.png

Hi The Phon,

I checked and you should be able to click on the Continue button to complete visual verification. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists? If the button is still greyed out please let us know.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea,

I have tried many times but the results are the same. I deleted all of my
history as well as cache, I also try on Chrome, saferi but the response was
the same. I clicked on the continue button and another box appear but in the end the caution "We are unable to complete ID verification at this time. Please contact support by visiting the Upwork Help Center to resolve this issue". 

Thanks for following up, The Phon. We'll have someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
venessa83
Community Member

Hi There, 

I am trying to help set up someone new to UPWORK. 

My question is:

When do you do the visual verification?

Do you have to be invited to be verified? If yes, how do you get the invitation?

Do you need to get your first job first?

As some information says you have to get verified first and then on another post I read that you need to be notified to be verified? I really need a detailed accurate answer, please.

Thanking you.

Hello,
The visual verification is one steps of account verification process. You can do it after being alerted to verify your account.
You will get the request to verify your account by mail. It will also be seen on top of your profile(find job page).
You need to complete your first project before upwork send you the request to verify your account.
Thanks,
Bruno
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vanessa,

Once freelancers become eligible/required we notify them when they log into their Upwork account. You can check this help article for more information.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
shehzad7575
Community Member

Hi There

once upon I tried to verify my ID and submitted the required documents but after some days. it does not verify and emailed me for verification again. But now the option of verification is passive and I can't verify my ID Please help me 

I'm very anxious about that and I want to verify my accont

PLEASE GUYS HELP ME

Thanks

Shehzad

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Shehzad Hussain,

I checked this for you and our team has reached out to you just already regarding your account status. Please check this link for the ticket related to your concern or check the last email sent to you by our team which details what steps you should take to lift the hold on your account. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
asadnadeem06
Community Member

On my government ID card, my name is single, and Upwork does not accept a single name, Also suspended my Upwork account. Can anybody tell me what should I do? Already it takes almost my 1 week. I can't send a proposal for any job. I don't know what to do? 

Hi Asad,

I checked this for you and our team has reached out to you just recently regarding your account status. Please check this link for the ticket related to your concern or check the last email sent to you by our team which details what steps you should take to lift the hold on your account. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have already answered that email. Also, I fulfill the Upwork requirement as well. Kindly look into this matter and resolve my problem.
Thank you

Hi Asad,

It looks like our team has updated your existing ticket regarding this case just recently. If you have any additional questions please post them on that ticket for further assistance.

Thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork
paksadel
Community Member

hi,

a week ago i have submitted my ID for verification and yesterday i did a visual verification with upwork agent which was successful however the ID part still on review and is taking a long time when it says it takes just up to 48 hours ( 2 days ) and i'm afraid my account will be suspended or something and i'm currently doing my first job.

i have attached a picture on how it looks on my profile.

thanks in advance and have a nice day

Hi Yassine,

I followed up with the team and it looks like you got your ID Badge already! 

If you need any further assistance please let us know.

~Andrea
Upwork
paksadel
Community Member

thanks , i'm happy to be a new member of upwork family .

you can close this as it's already resolved.

thanks and stay safe

b14a9501
Community Member

Hello, 2 days ago I did Identity verification on my account.
But still showing this message on my account. (Financial transactions for **Edited for Community Guidelines** have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.)
I can't send a new proposal, I already lost my pending proposals. Please help me.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Prosenjit,

I followed up with the team handling the review of your latest submission. Your account should be updated soon.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
aanchal-parmar
Community Member

Hello, I am getting this error code while identity verification, can anyone from Upwork help me as soon as possible?

6732e9424cf70ec0-BOM, 6732e9424cf70ec0-BOM

Hi Aanchal,

I'm sorry to hear about that. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser to see if that helps? If it doesn't, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
9bfab8f3
Community Member

I want to verify my identity. I can't attach more than one photo. My address details are on the other side of my Id card. Will my id be accepted? If not, what should I do?

Hi Hafiz,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork

I have submitted both ID and Visual Verification for my Identity verification.

I understand that ID review can take some time, but Visual Verification is also not responding. I do not want to wait another day in case it gets declined

It would be very nice if somebody looked into it.

Thanks!

58da3203
Community Member

I am trying to verify my identity but keep getting the following error message. However, I can find no "contact support" option anywhere on the website. How do can I get this matter resolved?

image.png

Hi Benjamin,

I tried but was not able to replicate this issue. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

~Andrea
Upwork
58da3203
Community Member

I have tried Chrome and Edge, and I have cleared browser cache to no avail.

Thanks for confirming Benjamin, someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
56dd9157
Community Member

identity verification option not showing on all pages ?

Hello Salman,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

Thank you

Pradeep H.

Upwork

Dear Pradeep H

Hello, I want to do identity verification. I have this option called identity verification in my setting option, but saw that I do not have that option here .in fact why would it be?.how can I do identity verification on my Upwork account? please let me know.

Hi Md Amnul,

Once you're required to verify your profile our team will reach out to you directly with detailed instructions. At the moment you don't have any pending verifications. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thak you
If my account is not verified at this time, can I hire a client and write a
cover letter for any work I have done?

Hi Md Amnul,

You can start sending proposals at any time and clients will be able to hire you at any time as well. To learn more about getting started on Upwork, check out our resources Here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

thank uou

I tried to check the "Identity Verification" on my setting but It's not showing. I've been trying to contact support but it's to no avail. I kept on receiving the same error. 

Hi Jovita,

It doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment which is why you can't access the page. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

My ID verification option is not showing in settings

Hi Qasim,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process. 

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members