🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » misstake ,i refunded all money to client
Page options
sm793df
Community Member

misstake ,i refunded all money to client

hi, my client just cancel the contract, and require refund, so i refunded all of money, but now i think it is not fair when i used all time in a week for this project, ( i sent the file to client, 90%done) so i asked him pay for what i done, but he didnt agree, what can i do now?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "what can i do now?"

Learn from the mistakes that you made in this situation, and don't make those same mistakes again in the future.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jeremiah-brown
Community Member

I can't speak for the client, but it sounds like the client was expecting a 100% completed deliverable.  When you asked if he'd accept a 90% complete project, he refused because it was not complete.  Since the client's expectations were not met, he cancelled the contract and wanted a refund. 

the bottom line is this is architectural concept, and he will use it ,use what i done and didnt pay

petra_r
Community Member

Dat L wrote:

the bottom line is

The bottom line is that you refunded.

Dat L wrote: and he will use it ,use what i done and didnt pay

It sounds like the client was underwhelmed by what they saw... How would you know that the client will use it?

Ultimately it doesn't really matter because it was you who agreed to the refund, so basically, it's over.

sm793df
Community Member

he said he like it,

"How would you know that the client will use it?" he hired someone to finish 10%, and did you know:he posts on upwork "I have made the project already. I want somebody to make a few changes for me"

re: "the bottom line is this is architectural concept, and he will use it ,use what i done and didnt pay"

This has nothing to do with architectural concept.

The only thing that matters is you clicked a refund button and sent the client the money.

Next time you work on a contract, don't send a client the money you earned.

petra_r
Community Member

Dat L wrote:

hi, my client just cancel the contract, and require refund, so i refunded all of money

Once you agreed to the refund, the money went back to the client and that's the end of it.

Dat L wrote: what can i do now?

Nothing

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "what can i do now?"

Learn from the mistakes that you made in this situation, and don't make those same mistakes again in the future.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members