🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » my profile is not showing in search.
Page options
5973bf96
Community Member

my profile is not showing in search.

Hello!
Please help me in this matter, my profile was set to private automatically for some reason by Upwork, they said i have used services which are not allowed on upwork and when i remove them i will be again back to public, i did remove everything which is violated and then opened the ticket again, they set my profile to public but it is no longer showing in searches, my friends, clients everyone checked for  me but its not showing, although my profile was on the top of search whenever someone searches for "Smartpls" and now i am all gone from the search, i even searched my name but no results, its like i am not gonna come back on search ever again? but why? please whoever changed this on my profile set it back as it was before, i am very worried from many days, all they say is that the technical support team is looking at the issue and nothing else, no update. Please someone help me!

8 REPLIES 8
cca13f63
Community Member

I don't know your situation completely. However, the Upwork algorithm works very differently, in a good way. This gives everyone opportunities, from Rising Talent to Top Rated  Plus, by showing them in the search from time to time. It is just a matter of time before your profile bounces back on searches just like before. I recommend giving the algorithm some time.

NOTE: That is my understanding. It can be right or wrong.

have you gone through this before? i mean did your profile vanish from search too?

Yep, and the excellent way to always appear in the search is to minimize the number of sending proposals. You will rely on invites, and you will get invites that way.

So did you get back your profile on search again? what did you do? and after how much time did it appear again?

Hi Ubaid! Please respond to my query as this is very important for me, was your profile appearing again in search? if yes, how much time did it take? did you do something about it or it just appeared by itself? For me is very worrying, please answer as i am very worried

759e32fa

Hi Sanober,

Ubaid is correct. Various factors go into search results, and results may differ over time, partly to allow more freelancers a chance to be discovered. Some considerations may include Freelancer skills, experience, platform ratings, and other elements geared toward determining a potential match for the client’s job.

Our search is based on several factors that continue to evolve. We cannot disclose exactly what makes up the rules for a search order, and those rules are likely to change, so any specific advice we could give you would be short-lived. Search is no longer mainly static, meaning it always stays the same. Depending on marketplace activity across jobs and contractors, a contractor's search position will likely ebb and flow.

Some sound principles to remember for ranking well in search are as follows:
  • Do good work for clients and establish good long-term relationships on Upwork.
  • Only apply to jobs to which you are qualified.
  • Be accurate in showcasing your abilities & skills on your contractor profile.

Also, since you just recently updated your profile visibility to public again, it will take time for your profile to go back into the rotation so kindly allow our system to refresh. In the mean time, you can continue sending proposals to reach out to clients.

~ AJ
Upwork

its been a week now! no change at my search appearence, i keep opening tickets but all they say is "our technical support team is looking into it" and nothing is really happening from week.

5973bf96
Community Member

Hi Arjay! I see that you are helping other community member on the same issue i has, my profile was set to private automatically and when i opened the ticket they said they set it to public again, but i am unable to locate my profile, i am very worried as i used to have my profile in search with the keyword smartpls on the top, as i have 100% success and top rated badge as well, i was working all good on upwork and this happened, i cant see my profile anywhere. please help me appear in the search again? if you cans search my profile please let me know becasue i tried in every manner, with my name, with the skills, with badges, everything! Please help. I have been in contact with the support team, there have been 3 people who replied me but they did not really update my profile to appear in search again.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members