Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pointless re-verify

Highlighted
Slawomir R Member Since: Nov 24, 2015
1 of 224

Hello,

I'm a top rated freelancer and I verified my identity last month. Now I have got the same request again.

Taking 10 minutes to do it is not a big deal, although I would prefer that Upwork respects my time rather then feeling entitled to waste it on pointless excercises.
I have passed it and it was no different then the previous one.

The bigger issue is that my account is on temporary hold and it lasts longer then 10 minutes. Upwork claims that it has up to 48 hours to release it.
I'm worried about how this is presented to the clients.

The main question is - why do Upwork even does it so often? Do you think that my identity changed within a month?

Kind regards

Slawek

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Jae Sung K Member Since: Jun 25, 2017
2 of 224

I've been through the whole video interview and uploading documents process. Today I found out I can't withdraw funds and will need to upload my ID again. Can I get an explanation why a "top rated" freelancer needs to go through this process again?

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
3 of 224

Hi Jae Sung, 

At times, for a variety of reasons, we need to ask our users to verify their identity or other information. Please know we do try to avoid doing this repeatedly. However, as part of our ongoing work to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients, we must reach out to users again sometimes. We apologize for the inconvenience.

To verify your identity, log into your Upwork account and click on “Settings.” In the left-hand column, choose “Identity Verification.” Follow the steps there to begin verification. For tips on correctly completing the process and details about the documents needed, click here.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Higgs J Member Since: Aug 9, 2019
4 of 224

How long does this process usually take? I have the link to verify again but have been waiting 2 days now for any response. I am under the impression I am blocked now. Very dissapointing

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
5 of 224

Hi Higgs,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your open ticket in a timely manner.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Higgs J Member Since: Aug 9, 2019
6 of 224
My name on upwork is Higgs Jeremy but my name is Jeremy D Higgs, not sure why its switched on my account. In the state where I live in IL they put your last name first, can I get my name corrected
Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
7 of 224

Hi Jeremy,

You should be able to update your name by going to Settings and using the edit button. Let us know if you need any further assistance. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Tilo K Member Since: Feb 22, 2016
8 of 224

I've done the same thing, earned my badge and got blocked after a couple of weeks.They force you to video-chat with a picture of a random guy or girl - it is an absolute viloation of our privacy rights and unbelievably outrageous business policy. **edited for Community Guidelines**

I even can't delete my account - another violation and seizure of my personal data (communist practice as well). It's just ridiculous but if they want to loose everybody - I have no problem with that. If only I could leave ... Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
9 of 224

Hi Tilo,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I already responded to your previous post regarding the requested verification. If you would like to close your account, please follow the steps provided in this help article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
10 of 224

Slawomir R wrote:

why do Upwork even does it so often? Do you think that my identity changed within a month?

You have no idea how many accounts change owner in any given month.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS