🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » proposel
Page options
maher-max
Community Member

proposel

Welcome everybody
I have a question
Does the timing of submitting the proposal to the client affect the acceptance of the proposal if it is from the first five?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

If you're not the best provider for a project then it doesn't matter when your proposal is sent, but I think that you have a better chance of at least being noticed if the client hasn't already received 50 other bids. However, it depends on whether the client actually reads the proposals very soon after posting their job. If there are 50+ proposals by the time the client is ready to choose a provider, it won't help to have sent yours first, because the proposals aren't listed in the order in which they're received. You could still end up at the bottom of the list (or hidden in a separate folder, if Upwork's faulty algorithms determine that you're a bad match).

Maher:
Christine already provided excellent advice about this.

Something you should keep in mind is that there is no "one answer" to your question.

The way that clients hire varies widely. And sometimes the same client will hire differently for different jobs.

Me, personally? For graphic design jobs I look mainly at freelancer portfolios. I don't read anything that graphic artists write.

For many highly technical jobs, I provide a detailed description of what the freelancer needs to do, and then I hire the first person who sends an application. Because I assume only people who know how to do the task apply.

So unless you are one of the freelancers actively looking for quick-hire jobs in that particular field, you will never see my job posting when I hire that way. I post a job, get an application, hire, and remove the job posting.

Being one of the first five people wouldn't help you. You need to be the first person, period.

MOST jobs don't hire that way, but some do.

Preston H wrote:

For many highly technical jobs, I provide a detailed description of what the freelancer needs to do, and then I hire the first person who sends an application. Because I assume only people who know how to do the task apply.

Just out of curiosity... how often does that backfire on you?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members