🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: "Oops something went wrong, tracking was ...
Page options
jacva
Community Member

"Oops something went wrong, tracking was stopped. Please restart the app and try again."

After a recorded 1 hour and 10 minutes of work, the tracker suddenly wouldn't take screenshots. The time for "Current Session" is running but no screenshots. Everytime I go online, there's this message saying "Oops something went wrong, tracking was stopped. Please restart the app and try again."

I have tried restarting the app many times but nothing happens. 

I've already sent a support/feedback ticket but until now nothing happens.

It's been like this for days now...and I have deadlines 😞

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

8 REPLIES 8
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jacqui,

I`m sorry about the incovience this had caused you. I`ve escalated your concern to our team and one of our team members will update your ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. In the meantime you can also try troubleshooting the app by following the steps in this Guide. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thank you for your reply and thank you for forwarding my concern to the tech team. 

I have already tried the troubleshooting steps 3 days ago, immediately after the tracker stopped and kept showing the Oppps message. And nothing happened.

I tried again, today, upon receipt of your response. And again, nothing happened.

I'm about to lose a client 😞

Why is this happening? It was okay and even tracked 1hr and 10 min. Why did it stop tracking after that?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jacqui,

Unfortunately I`m not sure why you`re experiencing the problem on your end. 
The Upwork desktop app has a time-caching mode so you can continue logging time through minor Internet connection issues or Upwork site maintenance. Usually, the cache will automatically upload as soon as your connection is reestablished so the time can be included in your weekly invoices. The latest version of the desktop app can cache about 12 hours at a time. 

If you do work in caching mode:

• Do not log time from another computer while you have a cache awaiting upload. This will prevent the cached time from uploading.
  • You must reconnect before the end of the weekly billing cycle to upload your cached time. It can’t be uploaded after the Work Diary is locked. If the cache fails to upload automatically, you cannot recover it manually.

. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
jacva
Community Member

Hi Goran,

Thank you for your message.

I only experience cache mode during unstable Internet connection. What I'm experiencing now is totally different. 

cmdcodemaster
Community Member

Don't worry, time you work will be sync. After the technical reached you.

Hi John,

Thank you for your message.

May I know what you mean by "time you work will be sync"?

jalle007
Community Member

ops looks like i forgot to update

it works fine

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jasmin,

Could you please try Troubleshooting tips shared in this help article.  If the issue persists, please report it following ''How do I report a problem?'' section of previously shared Troubleshooting guide, and our team will assist you directly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members