🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » "Upgrades are not possible during that period...
Page options
cneye
Community Member

"Upgrades are not possible during that period"

Why is this message displayed and when will it be cleared?

"We are in process of subscription renewals and upgrades are not possible during that period. Please come back later."

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Kevin and others,

The error you're getting is shown by design when a freelancer attempts to upgrade their Membership when their billing cycle is about to renew. If you go to your Membership & Connects page under Settings, you'll see the dates of your billing cycle. Note that you won't be able to upgrade your membership plan during the renewal period. Once your billing cycle updates, you will be able to upgrade your membership.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

184 REPLIES 184

Hi Abir,

I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
3ed852fe
Community Member

Try to pay for the updated account, but there is issue “The request could not be completed. Please try again...”
I tried a couple times. What should I do?

Hi Arsenii,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I face same problem and I can't solve "We are in process of subscription renewals and upgrades are not possible during that period. Please come back later."

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I see that you are already communicating with our team regarding the issue you are experiencing. Feel free to ask any question on the ticket and our team will be happy to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
snusilda
Community Member

Hi there,

I'm having the same trouble with upgrading my agency plan to add a new team member - "We are in process of subscription renewals and upgrades are not possible during that period. Please come back later." I already tried clearing cache and cookies.

Can you please help me with this, my clients are waiting for me to add that person to set up the contract asap

Hi Oleksandra,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your agency membership plan. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran 🙂

The issue was fixed for me after talking to a support agent, the plan is upgraded and the new team member is successfully added. Just leaving this here for people to know that it is fixable and probably just a bug, not personal offence from Upwork or Upwork not wanting your business Smiley LOL

Hello!

I have the same problem.

Hi Nikita,

Our team will reach out to you as well and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
asimdogar1
Community Member

We are in process of subscription renewals and upgrades are not possible during that period. Please come back later.i cannot upgrade my account.

Hi Asim,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi, I'm having the same issue. Can you have a support agent reach to me?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dallas,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
566ee31c
Community Member

Hello,

I have problems upgrading my agency account. I get the error message:

We are in process of subscription renewals and upgrades are not possible during that period. Please come back later.

After clearing cache and reloading the webpage from another browsers I still have the problem.

Hi Mehmet,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
e3dbf594
Community Member

Hello, I'm trying to upgrade my freelancer basic subscription into freelancer plus, but I keep getting this message:

"We are in process of subscription renewals and upgrades are not possible during that period. Please come back later".

I have tried the recommended course of action discussed here such as clearing the caches and cookies, and using a different browser but to no avail. Can you please help me with this matter?

Hi Paula,

Since today is the last day of your billing cycle, could you be patient until tomorrow to try and upgrade to our plus plan? If you're still experiencing any problems after this, feel free to follow up here and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
f6e45f91
Community Member

Hey there I have the same issue with my agency. Could you help? 

Hi Mikhail,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
rafiq_pices
Community Member

Hello, 
I am facing a problem while upgrading the membership plan. please resolve this issue

Hi Muhammad,

I would like to clarify that membership upgrades are not possible when your existing membership is due for renewal. Could you please try again after 24 hours and let us know if the issue persists? 

Additionally, I see that you also created a support ticket regarding your concern. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
_jibon_
Community Member

Sir, I have the same issue. Can you help please.

Regards

KMHaque

Hi Khandoker,

Please wait until your billing cycle is done updating in order to be able to edit your membership plan. You can check on your current billing cycle in Settings > Membership & Connects.

~Andrea
Upwork
mhigazy
Community Member

Same issue here, 
I have tried to clear my cache and cookies, also I have tried another browser

Hi Mahmoud,

Please wait until your billing cycle is done updating in order to be able to edit your membership plan. You can check on your current billing cycle in Settings > Membership & Connects.

~Andrea
Upwork
97040f9a
Community Member

I have subscribed for Membership on 23 FEB 2022 . Now I want to cancle my membership but they are showing "We are in process of subscription renewals and upgrades are not possible during that period. Please come back later." 

I don't want to get membership again

Hi Naimur,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

Edited to correct information. 

I would like to clarify that this is by design, downgrading membership is not possible during the renewal of the billing cycle. Could you please try to downgrade your membership plan again in 48 hours? If the issue persists let us know and we will be happy to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
jahirul_shahed
Community Member

Hello,  I am getting same issue. "

We are in process of subscription renewals and upgrades are not possible during that period. Please come back later.

"

I have cleared cache, tried different browser / device. But it remains same.

Please help.

Thank you.

Hi Jahirul,

I would like to clarify that this is by design, upgrading membership is not possible during the renewal of the billing cycle. Could you please try to upgrade your membership plan again in 48 hours?

If the issue persists let us know and we will be happy to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
asryan-gevorg
Community Member

Hi there,

I have the same issue, as explained above. Trying to renew membership and getting error message: "We are in process of subscription renewals and upgrades are not possible during that period. Please come back later". 

Please also note, that I have tried to clear cash & cookies & also to renew membership through other browsers, but unfortunately faced the same issue. 

Please help me with this

Hi Gevorg,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
polyarix
Community Member

Hello,  I am getting the same issue. 

I have cleared the cache and tried different browsers/devices. But it remains the same.

Help me, please.

Thank you.

Hi Illia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please try to upgrade your membership plan one more time? If you still see the same message please let us know and share a screenshot from your end so that we can assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
polyarix
Community Member

Unfortunately, the problem is still relevant. I have attached a screenshot. Review New Membership Plan - Upwork 2022-04-24 21-45-29.png

Hi Illia,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble upgrading your membership. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
jmcou
Community Member

Hello, I'm having the same issue, I'm trying to upgrade Agency Plus but I get the same error. I have tried using different browsers, clearing cookies, changing credit cards. Please help resolve this ASAP

Hi Juan,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ahmed_zaid
Community Member

Hi, 
I have been trying to upgrade my upwork membership to plus account but I am getting this message.

I tried clearing my cache, but it doesn't work.

Thanks.

Hi Zaid,

I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble upgrading your membership. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members