🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » the client does not reply after receiving wo...
Page options
hakima-zaim
Community Member

the client does not reply after receiving work

Hello Upwork community, hope you all doing great, this is my first topic here , I have an inquiries about my last client . firstly I submit a proposal on his job we discussed and agreed to such amount , I started working ( he funded a part of the amount
) , I worked and discussed with him , everything was great & he liked the results I made . the problem is that I didn't realised that he did not activate the second milestone until I wanted to submit the work to payment . I messaged him many times in the last 2 days he was online all the day but never reply ....... what should I do in this situation ? I really have no idea I don't have a big experience in Upwork & how to deal with such different mindset . 

thanks for reading my words . 

8 REPLIES 8
moonraker
Community Member

There's nothing you can do other than wait, hope, and put it down to experience.

thank you , hope he will reply  ... 

prestonhunter
Community Member

Clients are not obligated to respond after receiving the work.

As a freelancer, I get paid automatically, whether or not they respond.

They are obligated to pay for the work they receive. She obviously will not be automatically paid because she delivered work for a milestone that wasn't activated by the client. So while it's her fault to have worked on a milestone that wasn't activated, I don't see how your reply helps her in anyway.

Honestly, established freelancers seem to have forgotten how it feels to be new and unexperienced. Some empathy will not harm.

I agree with you , It was my mistake the client was very nice correspond he has a very good reviews I did not even got doupt about him . I started the work after he made a new milestone I should wait until he activate it . 

it's my fault actualy , I did not make sure that he activate the milestone or not . thank you 

sofia2008
Community Member

Always make sure to provide the work that equals the amount of the milestone and not work on an unfunded milestone. Once a milestone is setup, you can look at your contract to make sure all is good before starting working on the milestone. My Jobs (upwork.com) Active milestone Tab.

thank you Sophie . 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members