🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » using VPN while using upwork
Page options
nicagelacio
Community Member

using VPN while using upwork

Hello, I would like to inquire about using a VPN. One of my jobs involves researching details about real estate, and I need to visit county websites in the USA. Most of them require a VPN for access, so I'm using Windscribe VPN. Since I am from the Philippines, I find that a VPN is necessary for me to visit these county websites and fulfill my responsibilities to my Upwork client. Is using a VPN acceptable on Upwork? I am concerned about potentially jeopardizing my Upwork account. I have come across posts from people who have lost their Upwork accounts, and I want to make sure I am not one of them.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Andreanica,

Thank you for reaching out. Using a VPN is not a violation of Upwork's TOS. However, be advised that if there are inconsistencies with your IP address, your account may be flagged to prevent unauthorized access to your account.

Our team will reach out to you if any activities raise a red flag to keep your account safe. 

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
759e32fa

Hi Andreanica,

Thank you for reaching out. Using a VPN is not a violation of Upwork's TOS. However, be advised that if there are inconsistencies with your IP address, your account may be flagged to prevent unauthorized access to your account.

Our team will reach out to you if any activities raise a red flag to keep your account safe. 

~ AJ
Upwork
58f73349
Community Member

Hello Annie, wishing you a wonderful day.  i would just like to inform you that my client required me to use a VPN for security reason.  I know it is not a violation but i just wanted to let you guys know and wanted this on the record so to speak.  Thank you Annie😊

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members