🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » what is upwork worth without freelancers?
Page options
p_zimovski
Community Member

what is upwork worth without freelancers?

Hi, I hope everyone is having a great time here on Upwork.

I woke up today to know that I'm no longer a top-rated freelancer, and my success rate is 86%.

I can't start to explain why this is a joke...

I have only 5 stars on every single contract, and all my contracts were successfully finished. I mean why this platform is trying really hard to discourage me from keeping up and working here? why damage my feeling after working for low rates and tempering some terrible clients just to keep the status of my profile, just to wake up on this? I know for a fact that someone will come here to justify Upwork, which makes it worse for me, this is not a hunger game! I'm not here to battle for survival!
nothing can mend what this demotion did to me today.

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Mohammed A wrote:

I have only 5 stars on every single contract

No, you don't. Look again... The last closed contract has 3s for skills and quality and mentions 'lots of typos and other mistakes' so the private feedback will have been poor, too. Presumably that contract closed before the last update on the 16th?

If you were top rated until the last JSS Update on Sunday, and haven't used the top rated perk in the last 3 months and 10 contracts, this is the time to use it, then that 4.05 contract will be excluded from the JSS calculation (it will update at the next update on the 1st of March.)

For future reference: Don't accept contracts that are outside your skill-set.  You market yourself as a designer and mobile app developer. There is nothing whatsoever on your profile that would suggest that you are a translator. Speaking two or more languages does not make you a translator any more than owning a scalpel makes you a surgeon.

Hi, Petra

I really appreciate you trying to explain this to me. this review showed up after my post, and this client is bluntly lying to justify closing the contract. even that doesn't justify the 86% joke. and losing my top-rated badge.

I wrote in my post that no explanation will justify the 86% and losing the badge, even if this client had given me 0 stars and the worst review on Upwork, it doesn't justify the 86%.  but who am I to explain simple math to Upwork? just to shock you more, this came two days after me reading an entire **Edited for Community Guidelines**  published on medium.com, what a coincidence.

Mohammed A wrote:

Hi, Petra

I wrote in my post that no explanation will justify the 86% and losing the badge, even if this client had given me 0 stars and the worst review on Upwork, it doesn't justify the 86%.  but who am I to explain simple math to Upwork? 

If you have your perk available, use it. The contract weighs heavily as it is longer term, and will weigh even more heavily when Upwork changes the JSS calculation to become Dollar weighed next month.

The math does actually check out from what I can see. I don't know if you just wanted to vent (fair enough!) or wanted practical solutions, but if you have the perk available, using it is the practical solution here.

yitwail
Community Member

Mohammed, Upwork provided the Top Rated feedback removal perk so you can remove one negative feedback from your JSS calculations. So use it to remove the 4.05 feedback. If you don't use it now, then you won't be able to use it until you're Top Rated again, so you have nothing to lose by using the perk right now.

This article shows you how to do this:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/219801228-Feedback-Removal