🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » Issue with adding portfolio. Unable to click ...
Page options

Issue with adding portfolio. Unable to click on "Go to Preview".

Some users may experience issues while adding a portfolio to their profile. 

Screenshot of issue. 

egaruth_1-1695304053046.png

I would like to let you know that our engineers are aware of this issue and they are working as fast as possible to resolve it. We will update this thread once we have more information. 

While this issue is being resolved we would like to provide a workaround. Could you please try and add an image or video link to the Project Solution section as shown in the screenshot below?

egaruth_2-1695304435865.png

Once done, the "Go to Preview" button should no longer be greyed out. Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance. 

Edited to update information. 10/12/2023

We would like to let you know that this issue is now resolved. Our engineers also made improvements to the Portfolio section to make it more clear what fields are required. 

The changes that were implemented include:

• Adding asterisks to required fields and a message on the file inputs to let freelancers know that those are required. Any required fields must be attended to in order for the preview button to work.
  • Also, when it comes to a "Case study" type of portfolio there are two fields that have to have at least one file uploaded or a video link needs to be provided.

Screenshots for reference.

Required fields.

egaruth_0-1697142392485.png

"Case study" type.

egaruth_1-1697142392553.png

We appreciate your patience. 

130 Comments
andrian_deguzman
Community Member

Hi, Ms. Annie, 

Hope you could attend on my concern. Thank you

52b8ce06
Community Member

Same issue, not resolved. Cannot add a case study because preview button is greyed out.

nobi_nawas
Community Member

I could not create a portfolio for my account and can't upgrade it.

Can suggest to me why I can't do that? 

PradeepH

Hi Nobi,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble while creating a portfolio. Could you please elaborate on the issue faced by you while creating a portfolio? 

- Pradeep

nobi_nawas
Community Member

Dear Pradeep H, 
First, take my love and I appreciate your support. Actually, I have completed a project for my client and now I want to upload it to my upwork portfolio. I have uploaded all the content to create a new portfolio but the Go to Preview is disabled and I can not preview my work not only for the new portfolio I can not update my previously uploaded portfolio.  

For your better understanding, I am sharing the image. 
Requesting you to find the attachment. 
Thank you, in advance.

05b7db6b
Community Member

Hello Support forum peeps!

I'm new to Upwork and have been building my Profile in 'invisible' mode so that I can go live once it's complete.

Last think on my list is to add some portfolio pieces which is where I've hit a wall.  After uploading all pics and populating all the fields of my first Case Study, I've noticed that it won't let me save it!  The only option is to go 'back' – 'go to preview' is greyed out... and there is no 'save'.

I read in one of the FAQ posts that a profile needs to be 'online' i.e. not 'invisible' to select the 'go to preview' option which I'm assuming will save it, but I don't want to do this until I've uploaded all my portfolio pieces.

Is there not a save option?

Thanks

Alexa

2bfd3e02
Community Member

Peeps? That is quite an introduction.

I also faced the same problem when I was uploading my portfolio pieces. The problem occurs either due to internet issues or maybe it's just a bug. Anyway, there is nothing like " save ". What you can do is copy and save everything that you added to your portfolio on your Computer. After saving all the information, simply insert all the information again.

Don't worry there is no problem in optimizing your profile while online, no one is stalking you (probably).

68ae524f
Community Member

Follow these steps:

Go to the Upwork homepage and click the "Sign Up" button.
Create a profile and fill in all of the required information.
Click the "Make My Profile Live" button.
Once your profile is live, you can start adding case studies. To do this, follow these steps:

Go to the "My Work" tab on your Upwork profile.
Click the "Case Studies" button.
Click the "Add New Case Study" button.
Enter all of the required information for your case study.
Click the "Save Draft" button at the bottom of the page.
Your case study will be saved as a draft and you can edit it at any time. When you are ready to make your case study public, simply click the "Publish" button.

9243e298
Community Member

Hi dear team,

I am trying to add my  projects to my Upwork portfolio, but the preview button is not working. I have filled in all the details.

PradeepH

Hello Valeriia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep