🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » Portfolio Item - Only first page is visible
Page options

Portfolio Item - Only first page is visible

We would like to provide more information regarding your reports about previewing PDF files in portfolio.

Experience: when clicking on a multi-page PDF document in portfolio only the first page is visible.

We'd like to confirm that it is currently by design that only first page of your PDF document would show in the pop-up preview. However, if you click on the image, the full document should open in a new tab. You should be able to do this by clicking the portfolio item on your profile page, and then click the image that pops up with the portfolio details.

Screenshots for reference: 

egaruth_0-1678106216070.png

egaruth_1-1678106228824.png

Additionally, we shared your reports with our Product team as an improvement request and they will work on this in future updates.

Thank you for your understanding,

53 Comments
ArjayM

Hi Md Ashraful,

I have escalated your case and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket. You can check here or your email for updates and further assistance. Thank you!

1faa45d0
Community Member

I've been through all the help on this issue and can't resolve it.  I'm trying to load a PDF to my Portfolio section.  I'm using the Classic view.  The file is very small.  Upwork says it posts it but only the first page is accessible.  I know it only displays the first page intentionally but I can't get the full document to show by clicking on it or anything.  I've tried multiple browsers with the same result.

One post I read said you needed to specify the file type but I don't see that on any screen.  Not sure if that's an old function of Upwork or something I'm missing.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Gale, 

I've merged your comment into a thread where same topic was discussed. I'd like to confirm that it is currently by design that only first page of your PDF document would show in the pop-up preview. However, when clicking on the image, the full document should open in a new tab.

03eb1e37
Community Member

When I upload a Project File to my Profile, it is truncated to one page. It is a 215KB  PDF.

ecbf563b
Community Member

I have the same issue too! I'm using the classic template to upload the three-page pdf of an article I wrote, but only the first page is showing.

NikolaS

Hi Susan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

6a9c15d9
Community Member

It's happening with me too, I'm trying to upload more than a page on my portfolio but it's only showing the first one. 

AndreaG

Hi Nida,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

cd6fc35c
Community Member

I am not able to preview whole document as i have attached 47 pages in one pdf compressed upto 4.5 mb but still, it's showing only first page. in my portfolio items

please resolve as soon as possible.

NikolaS

Hi Vishal,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.