🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » Portfolio Item - Only first page is visible
Page options

Portfolio Item - Only first page is visible

We would like to provide more information regarding your reports about previewing PDF files in portfolio.

Experience: when clicking on a multi-page PDF document in portfolio only the first page is visible.

We'd like to confirm that it is currently by design that only first page of your PDF document would show in the pop-up preview. However, if you click on the image, the full document should open in a new tab. You should be able to do this by clicking the portfolio item on your profile page, and then click the image that pops up with the portfolio details.

Screenshots for reference: 

egaruth_0-1678106216070.png

egaruth_1-1678106228824.png

Additionally, we shared your reports with our Product team as an improvement request and they will work on this in future updates.

Thank you for your understanding,

53 Comments
sujan_naha
Community Member

hi,
I can't do add a pdf portfolio in my portfolio section.
My pdf file size not more than 2 mb.
Also I remove browser cache and log in freshly but can't add.

When I added a portfolio file and check overview they see just first image.
They don't show full pdf file.
What can I do? Suggestion please.

Regards,
Sujan Kumar Naha

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Sujan Kumar,

It is currently by design that only first page of your PDF document would show in the pop-up preview. However, when clicking on the image, the full document should open in a new tab. Let me know, however, if that's not what you experience or if you get any errors.

469fed5f
Community Member

Hello there. I'm new to upwork and am looking to build my profile by adding work I've previosuly done. The documents were downloaded as both jpg and pdf and both versions only upload a single page. Is this normal? Or can I just upolad the whole document? Thank you!

ArjayM

Hi Carrie,

When it comes to marketing yourself and building your career, it’s OK to show off a little bit. I suggest you upload PDF files in the “Classic view” template. Please take note of these types of files you can upload to your profile:

• Images (.jpg, .gif, .png, up to 10 MB)
  • Videos (.mp4, .mov, .webm, .ogm, ogv, up to 100 MB, 2 maximum, < 60 seconds)
  • Audio (.mp3, .wav, up to 10 MB, 20 maximum)
  • Document (.pdf, up to 10 MB)

469fed5f
Community Member

I did try these routes a few times but it still seems to be only uploading the first page. 

tanjasue
Community Member

I'm having the same issue. Did you ever get it resolved?

AndreaG

Hi Tanja,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

sheebasunil
Community Member

Uploaded a multi page PDF to portfolio but only first page shows. Why does only the first page show on a multi page document loaded to portfolio?

sheebasunil
Community Member

Hi Team I have uploaded one multi page PDF to portfolio but only first page shows. Even after clearing cookies and reuploading the pdf, not able to view remaining pages.Why does only the first page show on a multi page document loaded to portfolio? I was uploading into template Classic. Please somone give me  a solution to fix this.

ArjayM

Hi Sunil,

Thank you for your message. Attachments can be in .doc, .swf, or .pdf format. The maximum size is 5 MB for the thumbnail and 25 MB for attachments. You can review this help article to be more acquainted with how to best enhance your profile. Let me know if you need further assistance.