🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Problem acquiring connections when creati...
Page options
d38e3a8b
Community Member

50 free connects

I recently signed up as a new freelancer on Upwork and I am eager to start applying for jobs. However, I have noticed that I have not yet received the initial 50 connects that are typically provided to new freelancers to help them get started on the platform.

Could you please assist me in understanding why I have not received these connects? Is there an additional step I need to complete or a requirement I might have overlooked?

Thank you for your assistance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

Upwork currently requires new freelancers to do one of two things before being able to submit a proposal for a job: subscribe to our Freelancer Plus membership plan for $20 USD a month, or purchase 100 Connects for $15 USD. After you fulfill this requirement you will also receive 50 free Connects to further help you get started on Upwork.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,007 REPLIES 1,007
d08461c0
Community Member

Hello,

My name is Otávio Antunes da Silva, and I am a freelance writer from Porto Alegre, in the southern region of Brazil. I registered on the platform this week and was supposed to receive 40 free connects, but I haven't received them, and it says I need to purchase more. How can I resolve this situation?

Hi Otavio,

Upwork currently requires new freelancers to do one of two things before being able to submit a proposal for a job: subscribe to our Freelancer Plus membership plan for $20 USD a month, or purchase 100 Connects for $15 USD. After you fulfill this requirement you will also receive 50 free Connects to further help you get started on Upwork.

~ Joanne
Upwork
31bbbbf6
Community Member

It has been a lot of days since I have created my account.. but till now I haven't received any free connects.. please help.

i also did not received the free connects.

Hello Tahira and Muhammad,

Upwork currently requires new freelancers to do one of two things before being able to submit a proposal for a job: subscribe to our Freelancer Plus membership plan for $20 USD a month, or purchase 100 Connects for $15 USD. After you fulfill this requirement you will also receive 50 free Connects to further help you get started on Upwork.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
6501b62c
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I read the terms today 29 Jun 2024; hopefully it is still valid and All Freelancers could achieve some free connects to start their Upwork Career 

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062898-Understanding-and-using-Connects

6501b62c_0-1719665510662.png

ea267cfc
Community Member

The problem just as the titile while I see below from the forum: As a freelancer or agency, you'll use Connects to Submit Proposals and let clients know you're interested in their project. You receive ten free Connects every month at the beginning of your billing cycle and bonuses for some interviews you win.

Hello Liang,

Upwork currently requires new freelancers to do one of two things before being able to submit a proposal for a job: subscribe to our Freelancer Plus membership plan for $20 USD a month, or purchase 100 Connects for $15 USD. After you fulfill this requirement you will also receive 50 free Connects to further help you get started on Upwork.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
74a683ad
Community Member

Hi,

It has been one week since I opened my Upwork profile, but I still haven’t received the free connects that Upwork provides. According to the terms, I was supposed to receive them within 48 hours. Could you assist me with this issue?"

Hi Chiki,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
93f8fd28
Community Member

Sir why did,t receive free connects i have completed my profile 100% while my friend receive free connects

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zaheer,

Upwork currently requires new freelancers to do one of two things before being able to submit a proposal for a job: subscribe to our Freelancer Plus membership plan for $20 USD a month, or purchase 100 Connects for $15 USD. After you fulfill this requirement you will also receive 50 free Connects to further help you get started on Upwork.

~Andrea
Upwork
93f8fd28
Community Member

Please check my profile is approved

Hi Zaheer,

I checked and I am pleased to inform you that your profile is approved now. Please follow the steps shared by Andrea above to get started on Upwork.

- Pradeep

Upwork
26a57049
Community Member

I read that i will receive 50 free connects for creating an account and my current balance is 0 connects . i need the connet for apply the job. please give me ,my new account creating reward 50 free connect.

you will receive 50 connect free for new register when your acount has been ID verified. 
Your acount will ID verified after 7 working days. Upwork will sent request via mail or notification. Please you be patient

IMG_3628.jpeg

3fdd6bc5
Community Member

I have registered on upwork and completed my profile and I have also added payment method but I did not received my initiall 50 connects 

Have you receive mail or notification for ID verified yet? 

Hi Shoaib,

- Pradeep
Upwork
7bb6ba2c
Community Member

I did not get any Connects after creating my account and adding billing adress, I should at least get the monthly 10 connects but idid not recieve any

I also did not get free connects on joining. How to get them?

Please note that Connects are credited whenever your billing cycle renews, you should be able to see yours by going to Settings > Membership & Connects. Please allow 24-48 hours for the free monthly Connect to be credited to your Upwork account.

7c7d59ce
Community Member

It has been more than 48 hours of creating my profile, but I didn't get my initial 50 connects. Why?

Hi Abida,

- Pradeep
Upwork
f7445a71
Community Member

I registered newly and i saw online that i was going to get free connects after 48 hours of registeration but i still haven't gotten it yet. I looked online again and i saw where it said to get it faster i needed to attach a billing method which i did after but still haven't gotten it yet. What could be the issue?

You saw fake AD. Nonting free here. You must buy 100 connects or FLplus to receive your 50 "free"

f7445a71
Community Member

Alright thanks, just wanted to be sure before purchasing.

812d611f
Community Member

Hello Upwork Community,

I recently signed up for a new account on Upwork but did not receive the free connects that new users typically receive. I was hoping someone could guide me on how to address this issue with Upwork support to get my free connects.

Thank you for your help!

Best regards,
Abdullah Al Mamun

Hi Abdullah,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
8971ef2d
Community Member

I read that I will receive 50 free connects within 48 hours for creating an account, but my current balance is 0 connects. I need help, and it has been more than 48 hours since I created the account.

The privacy policy of Upwork has been updated. 

But now, If you create a new account, you must buy at least 100 Connects to start bidding. 

After that, you will get 50 or 60 Connects.

That's horrible for a new comer to get started.

What kind of business model is this? We're here to sell our skills, and the money comes from the client side. We have nothing but our expertise to offer.

You are right but this is happening. We can't do anything about this.

26a57049
Community Member

Hi Md Shahin,

Welcome to Upwork! We are thrilled to have you on board. Could you please elaborate on your questions? 

- Pradeep

Upwork

i did not get my free connect for the new account create.

Copied from moderators' responses:
"Upwork currently requires new freelancers to do one of two things before being able to submit a proposal for a job: subscribe to our Freelancer Plus membership plan for $20 USD a month, or purchase 100 Connects for $15 USD. After you fulfill this requirement you "You will also receive 50 free Connects to further help you get started on Upwork."

155cd412
Community Member

Hello,

I am writing to report that I have not yet received my free connects for June. My billing cycle starts on June 24th. Could you please assist with this issue?

Thank you,

Hello Austine,

It appears that you haven't purchased your initial batch of Connects yet. Upwork currently requires new freelancers to do one of two things before being able to submit a proposal for a job: subscribe to our Freelancer Plus membership plan for $20 USD a month, or purchase 100 Connects for $15 USD. After you fulfill this requirement you will also receive 50 free Connects (which includes the free Connects that you receive from your membership) to further help you get started on Upwork.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
cd029078
Community Member

sir, I made my profile on Upwork 10 days before but I never get any free connects here so I need help to get some free connects.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths