🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » 50 free connects
Page options
d38e3a8b
Community Member

50 free connects

I recently signed up as a new freelancer on Upwork and I am eager to start applying for jobs. However, I have noticed that I have not yet received the initial 50 connects that are typically provided to new freelancers to help them get started on the platform.

Could you please assist me in understanding why I have not received these connects? Is there an additional step I need to complete or a requirement I might have overlooked?

Thank you for your assistance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

Upwork currently requires new freelancers to do one of two things before being able to submit a proposal for a job: subscribe to our Freelancer Plus membership plan for $20 USD a month, or purchase 100 Connects for $15 USD. After you fulfill this requirement you will also receive 50 free Connects to further help you get started on Upwork.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

977 REPLIES 977

Buy.

When you join Upwork, you need to either purchase 100 Connects or subscribe to the Freelancer Plus plan if you want to submit proposals. Once you choose one, they will give you a one-time bonus of 50 Connects to help get you started on Upwork.

3539ba6e
Community Member

I created my upwork profile yesterday. It's been 24 hours but I did not receive my 50 free connects. Please help!!

When you join Upwork, you need to either purchase 100 Connects or subscribe to the Freelancer Plus plan if you want to submit proposals. Once you choose one, they will give you a one-time bonus of 50 Connects to help get you started on Upwork.

Hi Sophie

I read that I will be given 10 connects everymonth, free of charge . Is it true ?

Community Member

Hello Annie, I just joining upwork for the first time, but I didn't get a free Connect at all. How could I get a free Connect?

6501b62c
Community Member

Hi all

I read that there will be 10 free connect points for new worker.

I waited nearly 1 month but mine is still empty.

Can we do anything to achieve free connection points? 
thank you 

Hello Giang,

Upwork currently requires new freelancers to do one of two things before being able to submit a proposal for a job: subscribe to our Freelancer Plus membership plan for $20 USD a month, or purchase 100 Connects for $15 USD. After you fulfill this requirement you will also receive 50 free Connects to further help you get started on Upwork.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
6501b62c
Community Member

Thank LuiggiR

9ff0580e
Community Member

I'm a new freelancer on Upwork and haven't been receiving connects. Any advice on how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Fozia,

Upwork currently requires new freelancers to do one of two things before being able to submit a proposal for a job: subscribe to our Freelancer Plus membership plan for $20 USD a month, or purchase 100 Connects for $15 USD. After you fulfill this requirement you will also receive 50 free Connects to further help you get started on Upwork.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
df46df0f
Community Member

Hello everyone,

I recently created an account in upwork and i hadn't got any free connects and if anyone know how to get it please let me know.

Hi John,

- Pradeep
Upwork
3a37d633
Community Member

Its been more than two weeks since I signed up for an Upwork account but i havent received any free connects. Did the system change?

According to a few searches I made, new users get free connects after verifying their accounts.

Hellen

Hi. No, Upwork discontinued the free connect program a while ago. Now, you need to subscribe to the Freelancer Plus membership for $20 or buy 100 connects directly from Upwork for $15. Once done - Upwork will dd 50 more connects on top. 

Did you saw rules where clicked i understand and agree? Do it right now. You will found that you must buy 100 connects or FLPlus first.

You should have also changed your profile picture. It needs to be a photo of you and not some abstraction. 

9cd3e5f8
Community Member

I opened the account but still didn't receive the free 50 connects. How can I get that?

Buy 100 connects or FLplus.

zansari
Community Member

Joined Upwork but don't see your free Connects? No problem! They may take a day or two to appear. Ensure your email and phone are verified, then review your Connects history (they might be there without a notification). If you still don't see them after some time, reach out to Upwork support for assistance!

Best Wishes Zulqarnain Ansari (Zain)

Rules have changed, so your answer is no longer accurate.

Can you elaborate on the changed rules?

Thanks Sophie, I'll check them out!

a9c39e44
Community Member

Hello, i read online that new accounts are supposed to be crediited with 50 initial connects after 48 hours, but i still have zero. please I need assistance.

a9c39e44
Community Member

Hello, i read online that new accounts are supposed to be crediited with 50 initial connects after 48 hours, but i still have zero. please I need assistance.

Here is the latest/updated information on Connects. Rules changed mid-May 2024.

Understanding and using Connects – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

zansari
Community Member

Upwork made changes to their free "Connects" system.

Before, you could check out projects and respond to invites for free.

Now, sending any proposal uses a Connect, no matter how you find the project.

This ensures clients get serious offers and encourages you to only use Connects on jobs that are a good fit for your skills!

Be pickier, write strong proposals, and you'll still land great projects.

2ad8ebfa
Community Member

Hello,

I read online that new accounts should receive an initial 50 connects after 48 hours, but I still have none. Could you please assist me with this issue?

Thank you

Hello Damilare,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
43f1436f
Community Member

I have asked this question in the NEW TO UPWORK group as well. 
Posting here as well, so that maybe here we have more activity.

Hello everyone ! I recently joined upwork. And have read about 3 ways getting connects. There is also monthly free connects.

When can i get those monthly free connects so that I can try using upwork at least once to see if this is comfortable option for me ?

After trying , when I am sure this is okay, I will start buying connects of course. But for now I just want to try with monthly free connects option.

I have registered almost today and my profile is very new.

Thanks !

You will get free connections in a new month. Moreover, if you just want to try and get jobs then forget it. You may need patience and keep using your connects to send proposals. It is better to buy connects.

d08461c0
Community Member

Hello,

My name is Otávio Antunes da Silva, and I am a freelance writer from Porto Alegre, in the southern region of Brazil. I registered on the platform this week and was supposed to receive 40 free connects, but I haven't received them, and it says I need to purchase more. How can I resolve this situation?

Hi Otavio,

Upwork currently requires new freelancers to do one of two things before being able to submit a proposal for a job: subscribe to our Freelancer Plus membership plan for $20 USD a month, or purchase 100 Connects for $15 USD. After you fulfill this requirement you will also receive 50 free Connects to further help you get started on Upwork.

~ Joanne
Upwork
31bbbbf6
Community Member

It has been a lot of days since I have created my account.. but till now I haven't received any free connects.. please help.

i also did not received the free connects.

Hello Tahira and Muhammad,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
6501b62c
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I read the terms today 29 Jun 2024; hopefully it is still valid and All Freelancers could achieve some free connects to start their Upwork Career 

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062898-Understanding-and-using-Connects

6501b62c_0-1719665510662.png

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths