🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » A friend profile wasn't approved, but it feel...
Page options
shivafernandes
Community Member

A friend profile wasn't approved, but it feels like a mistake.

I'm not sure if UpWork gotten more strict in the last few months or something like that, but this is what happened:

I recommended the platform to a friend of mine, and he got rejected. The issue is that he is far, far more experienced than I was when I got approved. He has a way bigger portfolio than I did when i started out here. 

So my rationale is that if I was approved, even when I seemed to have less to offer than him. Maybe he did something wrong in his profile and doesn't realize it? 
I understand I won't get any information about him, as it's obviously private. But is there any channel he can contact, as I feel this could be a misunderstanding?

2 REPLIES 2
NikolaS

Hi Shiva,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Yes, you are correct, for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another’s user’s account which we hope you understand. 

Could you please ask them to contact us directly on any social media they prefer and we will be happy to help?

~ Nikola
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Shiva S wrote:

I'm not sure if UpWork gotten more strict in the last few months or something like that, but this is what happened:

I recommended the platform to a friend of mine, and he got rejected. The issue is that he is far, far more experienced than I was when I got approved. He has a way bigger portfolio than I did when i started out here. 

So my rationale is that if I was approved, even when I seemed to have less to offer than him. Maybe he did something wrong in his profile and doesn't realize it? 
I understand I won't get any information about him, as it's obviously private. But is there any channel he can contact, as I feel this could be a misunderstanding?

It's nothing personal, it's an algorithm. If there are too many freelancers in a specific field, meaning it is completely saturated, it makes no sense to add more freelancers, which will only be frustrated. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths