🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Accepted an hourly contract but client is unr...
Page options
91ae7aa1
Community Member

Accepted an hourly contract but client is unresponsive and did not send any task yet

Hi,

I hope all is well.

I am new to Upwork and recently accepted an hourly contract (my first contract on Upwork) a few days ago from a client. Right now, I am giving the client the benefit of the doubt since, according to the job post, they are in need of more than 50 freelancers to hire for the position, although it is immediate. Considering the worst-case scenario, will there be a negative impact on my profile if they continue to be unresponsive for quite some time? My contract is already active, and I have not started the time tracker yet since the client has not provided any tasks. Is it recommended to end the contract myself, since I have the option? I just want to get advice ahead of time to ensure that it won't ruin my credibility and reputation on this platform, which may negatively impact future opportunities. Your input or suggestions will be very much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
williamtcooper
Community Member

If a Client needs 50 hourly freelancers, that might be a scam.

I would close the contract and move on.

Unless a Client pays you, no public reviews can be made.

Thanks for your response. I looked at the profile of the said client and he seemed to be credible. $10M payment spent since 2018 at 4.81 rating with 841 review. Still possible it's a scam?

Use the Upwork messages to message them for an update.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths