🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Actively seeking job on Upwork
Page options
annakayew
Community Member

Actively seeking job on Upwork

Hi,

I am new to Upwork and I have sent proposals however no success as yet. Can someone view my profile please and give your honest feedback? Thanks in advance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

Two suggestions.  Drop the introduction - the client knows your name.  And lose the "self-taught" - makes you sound less expert.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

Two suggestions.  Drop the introduction - the client knows your name.  And lose the "self-taught" - makes you sound less expert.

Thank you Mary W

florydev
Community Member

AnnaKaye W wrote:

Hi,

I am new to Upwork and I have sent proposals however no success as yet. Can someone view my profile please and give your honest feedback? Thanks in advance.

I believe the profile description is better served by some variation of...you have problem, I solve this problem. 

I don't think clients go to our profiles to get to know us, so we probably shouldn't spend their attention talking about ourselves.  We should instead tell them how we solve their problems.

It also helps to take one step back on a problem and realize what the real problem is.  Does someone want you to build a PP because they need a presentation...or is it, they don't know how to present information in a logical flow...or the don't know how to make it engaging.  Think about the real problem clients have and say, hey, I understand and can totally kill that.

You also think you should avoid including any information that could use to elminate you.  Having six months experience as a freelancer is that good or bad?  Instead of bringing up things that you are worried about wait for them to.  The next person who looks at your profile might only care that you can solve their problem.

"Should you wish to hire me," By the time they read your proposal it shouldn't be a wish, they should practically demand it.

It is absolutely fine to be unsure about yourself, just don't let them know that!

Wow! I appreciate your feedback! Thanks a lot! Duly noted.

AnnaKaye W wrote:

Wow! I appreciate your feedback! Thanks a lot! Duly noted.

You are very welcome.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths