🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Adding a portfolio requires a Specialized Por...
Page options
05df93c7
Community Member

Adding a portfolio requires a Specialized Portfolio???

I'm trying to enhance my profile by adding  something to the portfolio section, but a popup comes up that says I need to first creat a specialized portfolio. What is this about???

I do not need a specialized portfolio. My main portfolio is already about as targeted as I need to get. I don't really know what I'd do different in a specialized portfolio. Do I really need to make up a second profile just to add some valuable content to the portfolio section?? If so, it means my primary profile would be weak because it has no portfolio content. I can't find any reference to this requirement on YouTube tutorials. Any clarity here would be much appreciated. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Eric,

I'm afraid this is by design. At the moment, you must create a Specialized Profile in order for you to add a portfolio item. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this can cause, I'll be sure to share your feedback with the team.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
05df93c7
Community Member

Sorry, in my OG post I used the word portfolio a couple times when I meant profile.  My problem is having to do a new PROFILE in order to add a PORTFOLIO.

Hi Eric,

I'm afraid this is by design. At the moment, you must create a Specialized Profile in order for you to add a portfolio item. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this can cause, I'll be sure to share your feedback with the team.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
05df93c7
Community Member

Thanks for the reply, Luiggi, and for passing it on. I've seen tutorials on adding portfolio items, but none of them show this roadblock to users who have no need of a specialized profile. Maybe it's new. I can't imagine what the added value is of this roadblock. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths