🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Application Questions: Where do responses go?
Page options
1a0ab771
Community Member

Application Questions: Where do responses go?

I submitted a proposal for a project that contained additional application questions. In the proposal template, the questions were listed separately from the cover letter field and each question had its own box to input a response. The client sent me a message asking if I had seen the questions because he is unable to see my responses. When I open my submitted proposal, all I can see is my cover letter. Can anyone advise?  

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
a_kuntsi
Community Member

Answers to additional questions appear first, before the actual cover letter at the client's end. 

If you don't see those answers either, then they are not there. The reason I couldn't tell.

I have thought you can't even submit a proposal without answering them. Not that I have ever tried to, though. But the answer to your actual question is that first sentence of mine 😊

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
a_kuntsi
Community Member

Answers to additional questions appear first, before the actual cover letter at the client's end. 

If you don't see those answers either, then they are not there. The reason I couldn't tell.

I have thought you can't even submit a proposal without answering them. Not that I have ever tried to, though. But the answer to your actual question is that first sentence of mine 😊

martina_plaschka
Community Member

It is not possible to send the proposal without answering these questions. 

a_kuntsi
Community Member

Yes, so the question is, how the client actually received the proposal and now they don't see the answers. Nor the freelancer herself.

1a0ab771
Community Member

Yes, exactly.  For the future, do you know if I should also be able to see the answers in my view of the submitted proposal?  Seems like there was a glitch within Upwork. Unfortunately I didn't screen shot or save my answers separately prior to submitting.  Lesson learned!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths