cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for job

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
11 of 14

I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty landing jobs, Philip Kavan. 

I would recommend that you read up on these resources our team has compiled to help you get started on Upwork. Additionally, you may also want to check out these articles from our Hiring Headquarters to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork: 

Hope this helps, and good luck!

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
Baris A Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
BEST ANSWER
12 of 14

Philip, your profile is visible to Upwork users only. You can give a link to your profile if you like so that it would be easier for people to see it.

I was able to find your profile. Here's my two cents: You say you are a writer and a Wordpress expert. I would focus on only one. Writing the two makes you lose both.

If you'll write content for native English speakers, even if you can get a writing job, you'll see your JSS drop very quickly and won't be able to get other jobs because of the low JSS. There are mistakes on your profile there will be mistakes on whatever you write. I wouldn't want to discourage you but clients would prefer natives and there are so many even with the same low hourly rate of yours.

You say you can do a Wordpress site in no time. What you mean is adjust and apply new text to readymade templates (I'm guessing). This can't be considered an expertise. If you are really good at Wordpress I'd suggest you to give your energy only to that. If you can only work with templates then you should find some other specialty. Take an online course, watch youtube videos... Learn a skill that is on demand and then come back with that.

Philip Kavan S Member Since: Jun 17, 2017
13 of 14

Thanks to you.Your feedback was really helpful for me.

Philip Kavan S Member Since: Jun 17, 2017
14 of 14

Thanks to you Baris,for your valuable comments and suggestion.From now on I will skip applying for jobs for a while and start mastering Wordpress or some other things which I can do better.I will try to add some soild work examples in my portfolio and I will be also working on my profile description and cover letter.

For everyone "You see that,my whole point of coming to this community discussion forum,was to find out what is wrong with me and most of the comments from you people were really helpful to me.I hope that you will continue delivering your support to new freelancers like me who are suffering from skill gap and lack of knowledge. " 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS