🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Attention! Be aware of scammers!
Page options
38f090d3
Community Member

Attention! Be aware of scammers!

New schammers are posting jobs and asking to contact on the whatsapp. Do not apply to the jobs and do not contact on the whatsapp. 

6 REPLIES 6
1abc5291
Community Member

Yes, I met a liar today and it was weird. Bart Brothers. I am Chinese. Hey, I met a liar, then communicated with me, and then I saw through it all. I lost the logo design point of view. I just got a new account recently.

The day before yesterday, I met a customer from the upwork website and was invited to customize the logo. They were satisfied with the logo, and then they cancelled all the posts. It is the upwork website. The payment method of basic customers is zero, and there is nothing. Let me download Telegram. I downloaded it. After communication, he advised you to apply for a membership card, and then involved American and British citizenship, saying that I was not their citizen. Speaking of the Christ problem later, I happen to believe in Christ, and I always feel something is wrong. Hey, I just lost 1000 cny of the contribution fee for designing the logo。But it is very strange that he kept persuading me to apply for a membership card, and did not want to do a design yesterday. Rather strange. Then the liar used someone else's account and said he was looking for someone with strong design skills. Because the orders are basically mandatory, why can they cancel the orders, and then the orders are not through the payment method. In fact, I think the requirement is that upwork must be mandatory, you can communicate through chat, and it is hosted by upwork, and you cannot withdraw freely.I want to tell you, beware of liars. Don't be deceived

I think upwork should review the bank's unpaid staff, and then make strict requirements. At least reduce scams. But then ask for half of their deposit and better service later. Otherwise, would many people be willing to do it? But if customers want to cooperate, they have to show sincerity. Now upwork has strict audit requirements, reducing the number of scammers to deceive many freelancers.

nicole_v_
Community Member

WhatsApp + Telegram = Scam. 

Every time anyone encounters someone attempting to communicate on another platform prior to a contract being in place, they need to report the job listing. Report the client. Block the client. And continue to spread awareness and make sure everyone is aware that such scams exist. 

Yeah, I thought it was weird before, but I wasn't deceived, and reminded myself to be careful. So not fooled

1abc5291
Community Member

yes,

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths