🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Bidding
Page options
chiddo
Community Member

Bidding

Hello

Do I need to hire a third party to help me do any bidding, is it acceptable in this platform?

Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Chijioke U wrote:
Hello

Do I need to hire a third party to help me do any bidding, is it acceptable in this platform?

Thanks!

If that involves giving another person access to your freelancer profile, it is strictly forbidden. 

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chijioke,

As Martina said, it's against Upwork's Terms of Service to share your account with anyone else. Besides that, you can hire a freelancer to help you write proposals without accessing your account.

On Upwork, you search and submit proposals to jobs that fit your skillset and expertise. In the Cover Letter field, you can send a proposal to the client and let them know how you can help them with the project. You can also share some of your skills and experience that are relevant to their project. If your proposal is accepted you will receive a message from your client and a message room will be created where you can continue negotiating with the client. If the client decides to hire you, they will be able to send you an offer as well.

I suggest that you take a look at this Community thread to help you get started on Upwork along with the Freelancing Resources board in which you'll find plenty of articles to help you with writing proposals, negotiating with clients, setting your rates, enhancing your profile, and so on.

Here are a few articles from the Freelancing Resources board regarding writing proposals:

I hope this helps and good luck!

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths