🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Brand new client - need some help, guidance a...
Page options
holdenww
Community Member

Brand new client - need some help, guidance and better understanding

I am a brand new client here, testing Upwork. I am keen on figuring out the whole system. When uploading new designs, am I able to choose a freelancer at my discretion? I am specifically wanting to long term Upwork team-up with a freelancer in the Guadalajara, Mexico area which is in close proximity to my ceramics factory. I want for a long term single-partner relationship here and I wish for them to have a hands-on view of the production process after their model is created so that they can better understand the nuances of negative draft and undercuts. I have a super fun, globally collected product line and I need a long term reliable partner.

How do I go about posting up a project (or a few projects) and "interviewing" prospective freelancers to ultimately choose a long term allie?

Do I test perhaps on each project with different freelancers and choose based upon my satisfaction level with their skills and costing?  

HELP!

Example file of a project attached, but it is incomplete.  I will post up files with more than ample reference control art.

Thank you,

Holden W

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

1 REPLY 1
NikolaS

Hi Holden,

To start as a client, please check out this help article. You can also learn more about the trends and best practices and get tips on making your project a success by visiting our Hiring Headquarters. Please note that there are two types of contracts, Fixed-Price, and Hourly contract and you can check their differences in this help article. You can also read about the valuable perk of payment protection we offer clients for Fixed-Priced and Hourly contracts.

Additionally, one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with hiring.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths