🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Business profile or Freelancer profile
Page options
isographarchi
Community Member

Business profile or Freelancer profile

Hello, Upwork community!

My name is Cosmin, I'm an architect and a small business owner (not a simple self-employed, but business (LLC) owner in Romania plus employment contract). So I'm the owner - legal administrator of the business and business bank account and also an employee.

Now I want to work on Upwork. How can I do it?

- I don't want an agency account because my business is too small to sustain it

- I don't want to create another legal form of business like the self-employment

- I want to work on Upwork as an employee of my business and under the same contract during my working hours, bill, get paid and pay taxes as a business on the business bank account that I administrate (up to this point everything I normally operate with every client on offline contracts)

- after this point, I just pay myself the salary on the personal bank account as I normally do and pay taxes on it as usual - but this has nothing to do with Upwork anymore

So the question remains the same: How can I do it? How can I operate on Upwork the same way I operate offline?

Please let me know!

Thank you so much! Best regards, Cosmin S.G.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cosmin,

If you are the one completing the work, you can simply use a Freelancer account and use the company's bank account for withdrawals. If you will have others completing projects, then I suggest you open an Agency.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Mike

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cosmin,

If you are the one completing the work, you can simply use a Freelancer account and use the company's bank account for withdrawals. If you will have others completing projects, then I suggest you open an Agency.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Mike
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths