🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Can I ask you for a feedback regarding my pro...
Page options
aia_studio
Community Member

Can I ask you for a feedback regarding my profile/portfolio?

Can I ask you for a feedback regarding my profile/portfolio?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
anadmaria
Community Member

Hi Amer,

Thank you for your question. To create an outstanding Upwork profile that wins a lot of clients, there are a few things you can do:

1. Edit your bio/services description. It's currently hard to read. Make it more appealing, use line breaks, bullet lists, or even emojis (while keeping a professional aspect). Search for top-rated Upwork freelancers profiles, and check out the way they lay out their services. It has to be easy to read and to explain to the client what benefits will working with you bring them.

2. I like how you built your portfolio and employment history. Add as many related skills as possible.

3. Choose a professional profile picture, I feel like the current one lacks clarity.

4. Add at least one "Other experiences" item. It could be anything, a contest you participated in, a design project, etc. It's important for that section to show up.

5. Golden ticket to success: invite past clients to write a testimonial via email. There's a testimonial section when completing your profile, use it if you can, it will do wonders for your profile.

6. Link socials (at least one), helps with your credibility.

7. Make sure you get verified, and you have a 100% profile completion. If this helped, please mark my response as a solution and give it a thumbs up, it will mean a lot.

Have an amazing rest of the day,

Ana

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
anadmaria
Community Member

Hi Amer,

Thank you for your question. To create an outstanding Upwork profile that wins a lot of clients, there are a few things you can do:

1. Edit your bio/services description. It's currently hard to read. Make it more appealing, use line breaks, bullet lists, or even emojis (while keeping a professional aspect). Search for top-rated Upwork freelancers profiles, and check out the way they lay out their services. It has to be easy to read and to explain to the client what benefits will working with you bring them.

2. I like how you built your portfolio and employment history. Add as many related skills as possible.

3. Choose a professional profile picture, I feel like the current one lacks clarity.

4. Add at least one "Other experiences" item. It could be anything, a contest you participated in, a design project, etc. It's important for that section to show up.

5. Golden ticket to success: invite past clients to write a testimonial via email. There's a testimonial section when completing your profile, use it if you can, it will do wonders for your profile.

7. Make sure you get verified, and you have a 100% profile completion. If this helped, please mark my response as a solution and give it a thumbs up, it will mean a lot.

Ana

Ana Maria D wrote:

Hi Amer,

Ana

You need to stop asking people for kudos or being marked as solution. It isn't proper forum ettiquette. 

Hi Martina P;

You may be right, yet I would have done it either ways, very thoughtful of her thank you Ana

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths