🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Can I bring new client?
Page options
ea79cd89
Community Member

Can I bring new client?

Hi everyone

Neither my client nor I am currently registered on Upwork, and I am about to close the deal on an off-platform project. If my client and I register and complete our client/freelancer profile, will they be allowed to post their job and hire me through the platform?

It's a reasonably big project ($2900 for three weeks), but it is for an overseas company I do not entirely trust. They're proposing using PayPal, but I am not too keen on this as they will only be able to pay after each milestone is complete with no option for a deposit/Escrow.

All my previous clients have been local clients from my city, so I am not entirely familiar with the norms and best practices for working with foreign clients.

Thanks in advance for the help.

2 REPLIES 2
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Even if your profile is completely empty, you are still registered, so I don't know what you exactly mean. 

If the client doesn't have an account yet, you can use direct contracts, or he can create an account and use regular contracts.

Sorry, I should have elaborated. I've only recently created my Upwork account to get onto the community support forum and have not started with my freelancer profile.

To confirm: It's not against the ToS? Will my account get flagged because I will be communicating with my client both on and off Upwork? Will I still be able to receive a review after the contract has ended?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths