🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Can a Contract rates and terms be changed aft...
Page options
9ed67a45
Community Member

Can a Contract rates and terms be changed after accepted?

The client offered a $30 contract for design work, and I accepted it as the terms seemed right. I had set milestones, and the client sent the money to escrow. However, during our first call, the client proposed changes to add more details and work on the project, mentioning a potential price increase based on our contract discussion.The first milestone was due yesterday, but due to these changes, I haven't submitted anything yet. I want to know if the price on a fixed-rate contract can be altered after acceptance. If it cannot be changed, what are the available options?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Srishti,

I understand your concern. There is no option to edit an existing milestone or add additional funds to escrow after the milestone is accepted. You have the option to request your client to cancel the active milestone and create a new milestone with additional funds in escrow. Alternatively, your client can pay you an extra amount as a bonus when they release the payment for the active milestone.

- Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PradeepH

Hi Srishti,

I understand your concern. There is no option to edit an existing milestone or add additional funds to escrow after the milestone is accepted. You have the option to request your client to cancel the active milestone and create a new milestone with additional funds in escrow. Alternatively, your client can pay you an extra amount as a bonus when they release the payment for the active milestone.

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths