🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Can we connect with an employer before biddin...
Page options
yuko2017
Community Member

Can we connect with an employer before bidding?

Hello,

I haven't worked here at Upwork so my account was set private by Upwork. Although I submitted some proposals, I didn't receive any responses. I wonder if my account here is surely active or there is something wrong with my account..? Also, I would sometimes like to get further information from an employer before bidding because I would like to use the connects number without vain. That would be possible? If someone could answer my concern, I would appreciate it. 

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Yuko 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mtngigi
Community Member

Yuko I wrote:

Hello,

I haven't worked here at Upwork so my account was set private by Upwork. Although I submitted some proposals, I didn't receive any responses. I wonder if my account here is surely active or there is something wrong with my account..? Also, I would sometimes like to get further information from an employer before bidding because I would like to use the connects number without vain. That would be possible? If someone could answer my concern, I would appreciate it. 

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Yuko 

This has been discussed many times before, and the answer is no, and for very good reason. If you do a forum search, you'll fine a number of threads on this subject, here's one of them:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Is-there-a-way-to-ask-questions-before-submitting-the-...

By the way, they are not employers, they're clients.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mtngigi
Community Member

Yuko I wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Yuko 

This has been discussed many times before, and the answer is no, and for very good reason. If you do a forum search, you'll fine a number of threads on this subject, here's one of them:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Is-there-a-way-to-ask-questions-before-submitting-the-...

By the way, they are not employers, they're clients.

yuko2017
Community Member

Thank you for the information. I understand it.

Sincerely,

Yuko 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yuko, 

If an established freelancer doesn't earn money on Upwork for 30 days, their profile visibility will automatically change to private. This is checked daily, not once a month. If you aren't regularly earning on our platform, your profile may be set to private, even if you submit proposals and interview frequently. There are different ways of setting your profile to public again, one of which is contacting us directly so that we can set your profile visibility to public.

I have set your profile visibility to public as requested. If your profile is set to private again after 30-days, or sometime in the future, check out the options listed in the email notification or in the pop up on Find Work page to set it back to public. You may read more about this in this help article.

~ Avery
Upwork
yuko2017
Community Member

Hello Avery,

Thank you very much for the additional information and for setting back to the public in my profile. That is helpful for me. I'm very struggling to get the first project and keep earning here on Upwork. 

Sincerely,

Yuko

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths