🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Client budget proposed is 200$ but he set a m...
Page options
arndominic
Community Member

Client budget proposed is 200$ but he set a milestone named Begin for 100$

Client budget proposed is 200$ but he set a milestone named Begin for 100$, I submitted a animation preview of my work on first milestone, and now I wanted to submit the final rendered animation for 100$ again but there's no 2nd milestone, is it automatic that I would receive 200$ if he has a budget contract for me, should I request another milestone? Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
pudingstudio
Community Member

Arnold Dominic V wrote:

Client budget proposed is 200$ but he set a milestone named Begin for 100$, I submitted a animation preview of my work on first milestone, and now I wanted to submit the final rendered animation for 100$ again but there's no 2nd milestone, is it automatic that I would receive 200$ if he has a budget contract for me, should I request another milestone? Thank you

Nothing is automatic. Needs approval.

Your project is between you and your client.
You are welcome to converse with them. Do that!

Or, create new milestone yourself.
Submit the work you've agreed to when it's funded.

You don't HAVE to talk to YOUR client.
Some find that to work for them (both freelancers and clients).

re: "Client budget proposed is 200$ but he set a milestone named Begin for 100$"

Budgets don't matter. Milestone payments matter.

The budget could be $200, or $2000, or $2 dollars. The only money you get is funded milestone escrow money $100.

jaybopp82
Community Member

Don't submit the final work piece until the final amount is funded.  We're in different work fields, but in mine, if a client set up a milestone for half the price, I deliver half the work then wait for the next milestone.  Seems to work well.

Maybe deliver them a watermarked/blurred version of your image?  I dont know.  Something should work to get this resolved.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths