🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Client invitaion
Page options
jonywebdev19
Community Member

Client invitaion

Hello,

I am not top rated freelancer of upwork.

But I have few questions.

1. Top rated freelancer will invite their client for 0% free opportunity. He and his client already know each other via social media and they have been working for a long time. 

But my question is: as they are already connected with a different platform to communicate so they won't talk only via upwork. They will also talk about job via other platform. Then, will Upwork think the job is fake or it is out of rule as they aren't talking much via upwork?

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
robin_hyman
Community Member

Communication via another platform is not a violation of Upwork's ToS so no need to worry.  Just make sure your client is paying you on Upwork.  

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
robin_hyman
Community Member

Communication via another platform is not a violation of Upwork's ToS so no need to worry.  Just make sure your client is paying you on Upwork.  

Upwork won't think as fake job as we aren't talking much here?

Sahidul I wrote:

Upwork won't think as fake job as we aren't talking much here?

Nope.

When will I get less than 20% fee opportunities?
I didn't mean a client invitation. I am asking about general jobs that were posted upwork.

Thanks

Hi Sahidul, 

Your Freelancer Service Fees will slide from 20% to 10%, and from 10% to 5% once you have reached a certain earning treshold. Here's a help article so that you can read up on more information about the service fees. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths