🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Closing a contract/review
Page options
72a71cd6
Community Member

Closing a contract/review

Hello,

I have just finished a job on Upwork. The person I was working with has approved the milestone and under "Transaction History" my payment is pending. I am aware that it will take a few days until I can withdraw this money to my bank account.

I noticed that the contract is still open. Should I close it? I don't believe I have been rated for my work. Will this negatively affect me at all? Please send me recommendations.

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
robin_hyman
Community Member

Congrats on completing your first job! Ask the client to close the contract and provide feedback. Make sure to do this as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the less likely the client will close. Don’t close it yourself. If the client doesn’t close it keep it open.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
robin_hyman
Community Member

Congrats on completing your first job! Ask the client to close the contract and provide feedback. Make sure to do this as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the less likely the client will close. Don’t close it yourself. If the client doesn’t close it keep it open.

Thank you! What is the penalty if I close it myself after some time has passed?

The more jobs completed, the less they individually affect your JSS. You want to wait until you have a handful of jobs completed successfully. I don’t know the exact formula (no one does). Leaving a job open for a few months shouldn’t be a problem.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths