🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Communication channel
Page options
8c4bb973
Community Member

Communication channel

what happens when you start the project and you wish to reach the client, could you use skype or google hangouts or stick to upwork communication with the client?

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "What happens when you start the project and you wish to reach the client? Could you use Skype or Google Hangouts or stick to Upwork communication with the client?"

Yes.

All of those are acceptable.

May use Skype, Google Hangouts, Upwork Messages. May use anything.

After an offical Upwork contract is in place with a client, there are no restrictions on how you communicate with a client.

Just so long as the client has provided you with contact informaton and invited you to contact her using that method.

tabraiz961
Community Member

"Just so long as the client has provided you with contact informaton and invited you to contact her using that method." Can you rediscuss this.
Can the client only share his contact info and I am not allowed to ask my client to talk me on another channel, As Upwork mobile app is slow and has notification issues on my phone.

Hi Tabraiz,

To clarify Preston's response, for as long as a contract is established, you and the client can agree on the most suitable communication platform and it doesn't matter who suggests it. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths