🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Connects Renew
Page options
srijantrpth
Community Member

Connects Renew

I have limited number on connects. If the client doesn't close their job and my connects gets used. Do I get new connects ever? Are they renewed?
3 REPLIES 3
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Srijan, 

Please know that we moved to the paid Connects system last May 2019. As such, freelancers on the Freelancer Basic Plan will not receive free Connects anymore. Connects need to be purchased and are sold in the following bundles: 10 for $1.50, 20 for $3, 40 for $6, 60 for $9, 80 for $12. Purchasing connects can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase connects with a credit card or prepaid card. Additionally, if you have a balance on Upwork you can use it to buy Connects. 

You may read more about it here.

~ Avery
Upwork

Just when you think Upwork can't rob us of more money....

Hi Diana,

I am sorry to hear you fill this way. Please know that submitting a proposal has a financial cost, just like the other expenses you incur as a freelancer running your own business. If a client never hires but doesn’t close the job, your Connects are not returned. In this situation, we continue to encourage the client to hire or close the job, but ask that you consider the cost of Connects as part of your business expenses.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths