🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Connects missing: Please Help?
Page options
ec713077
Community Member

Connects missing: Please Help?

I have been caught in 12 cases where I submitted proposals but jobs were closed. I'm new to Upwork so the chances were pretty high I would get caught. I've been careful but still they are scams. My problem is I'm not receiving the connects back from them, even though the jobs have been closed by Upwork. Only occasionally receiving connects back for boosted proposals, but not the connects spent on the closed jobs themselves. In my defense these jobs do look genuine. Frustrations are running high as I am honestly looking to get hired and when I get the message saying I have an opportunity I get excited at the prospect of new work! Only to be fooled by a message saying contact so and so on telegram! Please assist me in this regard? 

3 REPLIES 3
JoanneP

Hi Nivenka,

Sometimes, a project may get canceled or a job may be removed from Upwork without a hire.

In the following cases, these Connects will be returned:

• If a project is canceled by the client before a contract is made, Connects you used on that proposal will be returned. This does not apply to expired job posts.
  • If we remove a project’s post because we believe it violates our Terms of Service, Connects you used on that proposal will be returned.

If you have applied for a job and it’s no longer available because of a violation or wasted Connects on a job proposal that turns out to be fraud, we will return your Connects. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
ec713077
Community Member

I understand that which is why I am asking why my connects have not been returned☺️could you look at my account please?

ec713077
Community Member

I just got an Email stating that the one job was cancelled and I would receive my connects, thank you for that! I think this is my second Email out of 12. That's why I was wondering. Most of the previous ones were not old enough to apply as being expired job posts. Thank you for helping me! I do appreciate it! 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths