🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Connects
Page options
t_deepak_raj
Community Member

Connects

Hi there, i did upgrade my Membership package on Oct'24th 2018 and i received 54 connects at point of upgradation any yet to receive the remaining connects, and we are in the month of November, now i want someone to clearly explain my by words and not by posting an article based on it because i'm not a person one who goes every single of an article to understand how it works, because of this kinda way the upwork works i'm loosing my bidding on best projects and it's not easy to once add up the connects by paying additional amount of money, and this just upwork making money outta customers and this is how the business. So now i need someone to reply by telling when i will get my remaining connects on which date of November and how many connects i will get , please be clear and specific on what i asked, because it's all my hard earned money especially when it comes to India, when currency is converted to dollars its quiet a lot for us here, its **bleep** tough for middle class people who depend upon upwork for home based jobs. Hope you understand my point, i'm sorry if i sounded harsh but i don't have a second choice. Thank you and awaiting for your reply!

8 REPLIES 8
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Deepak,

When you upgrade or downgrade your membership plan your cycle also changes. Your new connects will awarded on your profile on November 25, if 24 is the last day of your old cycle. You can check this by going to Settings > Membership & Connects > and at the bottom of the page you can see the date under Current Billing Cycle.

When you upgrade, you keep the Connects you already have and we add on the Plus plan upgrade amount. You will also receive a credit for the days of billing cycle that have passed since your Connects were last refilled. For more details on how this calculation works, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Right now my connects are zero, if i downgrade my membership will i get my regular 60 connects which i used to get regularly month on month..!! Becaue i'm seriously pissed off with the Plus plan membership and the article which i went thru is of no use, i don't understand whats the need to block the remaining 16 connects of 70 connects, when you charge me for the entire 70 connects for $70.00. This is just purely making business outta customers money, moreover when my actual connects are not there when i need it so badly whats the use when i get it when i'm not in need of it. This clearly shows that Upwork is trying to make business by making customers to buy additional connects by spending some dollars, and more over there's no logic in 5 connects as 1 job proposal requires 2 connects, any odd numbered connects is 1 short finally for a job proposal and that $1.00 remains a waste in our end, that's what my situation right now. And when a customer like me is asking you for a solution you people just ask us to read the article and what is the customer service are for ? when we are asked to read an article, which is of no use and just complicates us more and wastes our time in unederstanding in certain areas, i believe CSR job is to provide appropriate and proper reply to the customer when we need from you and thats what i believe you people trained for in the CSR role. Not to ask any customers to read an article, we pay our hard earned dollar, and we ourselves need to study your article to understand how it works, why is that you people don't have a customer service helpline like a tollfree number and so on..! Thank you

@Deepak Raj T wrote:

Right now my connects are zero, if i downgrade my membership will i get my regular 60 connects which i used to get regularly month on month..!!

No, of course not. If you downgrade you will get 60 at the beginning of the new billing cycle.

The whole point of Connects is to prevent people from spamming the hell out of clients. If you have run through all those connects in a few days you have not been applying selectively.

@Deepak Raj T wrote:

Not to ask any customers to read an article, we pay our hard earned dollar, and we ourselves need to study your article to understand how it works, why is that you people don't have a customer service helpline like a tollfree number and so on..!

You are not "a customer" (clients are customers) and it is not unreasonable of a business to expect people to read the extensive material that explains how things work.  It's hardly rocket science.

And if you don't like the Plus Plan don't use it.

What..? Where does rocket science comes from and this isn't a proper nor an appropriate, the reply was like a total disrespect and that's how i feel based on the response received. Alright let me reach out to your CEO and i know the way how to get hold oh him and get the information conveyed. Thank you for you're awesome response.

A plus membership is not $70. Did you buy $70 worth of connects. Not understanding. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"

Thank you Katrina, on this case it's my mistake as a typo error, instead of $10.00 by mistake i keyed in as $70.00, so sorry about it. I'm looking for a job here and i'm willing to pay for it as i already did, and why should i spam the client and what i'm gonna get for it, i really don't understand whats called spamming the client. Literally my question was, when i cannot make use of my bids at the time when i need it badly for what i paid, whats the use of having those bids rolled over when i don't them forever nor for a certain time period.

Look, it is very simple.

If you cancel your Plus membership then you will go back to Basic Membership on the first day of your new billing cycle. If you do not cancel it you'll get 70 Connects on the first day of your new billing cycle.

That is all there is to it and you don't need to waste Support time (let alone harass the CEO) about it.

That is how it is. Whether you like how it is or not makes no difference.

Thank you for the reply and sorry if I was harsh , i was so keen on the connects because when you convert the Indian currency into US dollars, its a big money and its very hard here, moreover many of us lost our jobs and it's a tough ongoing economical life.  We're been beaten up and swallowed like anything here which you don't know or something that you might not understand, I understand that every country and it's people has their own situation and hard times, here we are waiting for a change and hoping for it, just thought of letting you know what was behind my messages and replies. Once again i'm sorry. Thank you!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths