🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Contract paused; no payment.
Page options
clout-licia
Community Member

Contract paused; no payment.

Hello up workers, please i need help. Got my first job and did the job diligently.  I logged in my work hours manually as I wasn't using a desktop.

Job done for the week, and client paused the contract saying advert on his site is conversing.  It's been three days now. 

The work report shows client billed $100 but I have zero earning because the contract is paused, please i need help. What do I do?

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

any hours logged last week will be invoiced today.

You should find the funds under "Review" on your Reports Overview page.

Please note that manual time is never protected, but as long as your client's payment goes through and the client does not dispute, you'll get paid Wednesday next week, as with all hourly contracts.

The fact that the contract is paused has no effect on the payment process.

"Where is my money?""Where is my money?"

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

HI Chinenye, 

Your earnings on Upwork are processed according to the Weekly Billing cycle.

If you logged your time last week using the Upwork Desktop App, making sure that you provided appropriate memos on your logged time, your client will be automatically billed this week (20-January, Monday), and has up to Friday (24-January) to review the hours you logged last week (13-19 Jan). If your client doesn't dispute any of the hours you logged, the payment for the hours logged will go to a 5-day security period starting Friday of this week (24-January). If there are no issues, the payment will be processed and will be available to your account on Wednesday next week, 29-January.

If you check your Reports page (Reports > Overview), you will see where in the billing cycle the payment is. If the payment is in the Pending tab, this means it's already in the security period. You may read through each tab to know when you should expect the payment to be available on your account.

Since the contract is paused, you will not be able to log time this week until the client unpauses this contract. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Whether a contract is paused or not has nothing to do with whether or not you get paid for the hours you have logged, and it has nothing to do with the timing of when you get paid.

I have the same Problem. I was hired Nov. 27 and client paused contract on the same day. I billed 1:30 hours but nothing in Overview, Review and Pending. Timesheet Start at Nov. 28 to Dec. 4.  

Hi Arcy,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your contract. I checked the job you are referring to and noticed that the contract is paused due to issues with the client's account. This will be automatically restored after the client resolves the issue on their account. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths