🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Email application for job posting
Page options
lenah_musilu
Community Member

Email application for job posting

Hi, I am new to Upwork and kinda difficult to know the good and the bad job postings. I had one ask for email so I get the application form, which I did and I got the applications form. Now i dont's know if I can trust the source even when they have a known company name.

Did another a bid today and I was asked to emailed my resume for review. Should I be concerned with is?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pgiambalvo
Community Member

Yes, you should be concerned. You can't communicate off of Upwork until after a contract has been set up. This is probably a scam. Please read this to learn how to spot them: https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/List-of-red-flags-for-scams/m-p/1017044/highlight/true...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
pgiambalvo
Community Member

Yes, you should be concerned. You can't communicate off of Upwork until after a contract has been set up. This is probably a scam. Please read this to learn how to spot them: https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/List-of-red-flags-for-scams/m-p/1017044/highlight/true...

lenah_musilu
Community Member

Thanks Peter! This was very helpful.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lenah,

Please note that it is a violation of Upwork’s Terms of Service to request or share contact information before a contract starts. You can check this help article for crucial information that will help you have a safe and successful journey on Upwork. Whenever you see a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service, we encourage you to use the Report Suspicious User Activity feature.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
sofia2008
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

since this is a message that you, your collegues and member of the community a repeating everyday, multiple times a day, can you escalate that it is time to change the way to communicate with new freelancers regarding the main rules from the ToS.

Some exemple already mentionned on the forum were sending them a seperate email after sign up highlighting the main rules (no communication outside Upwork, no payment outside Upwork, etc...) in a clear and concise way, as all the details included in multiple files, on multiple places obviously do not make it to the freelancers. 

Same could be done with new clients, with what is relevant to them.

Thank you!

Yes, please!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths