🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Entering manual time for hours worked in ...
Page options
louisemoore1
Community Member

Entering manual time for hours worked in previous weeks

Hi all,

I am new to UpWork and didn't realise I needed to log time each day. I am on an hourly rate contract with manual time enabled, however, the work diary will only let me enter time for today. I need to back date the hours (42 in total) but I cannot see where this needs can be done. 

I have emailed support and they have just sent me the link to the online help which doesn't tell me either.

I literally just need to backdate for 42 hours. My weekly contract is up to 40.

Please can someone help!

Thanks so much

2 REPLIES 2
yitwail
Community Member

Louise, you can't manually add time for a previous week, so the best you can do is let the client know you weren't aware of this, and ask them to pay you a bonus equivalent to the number of hours you worked last week.

You can only add hours for the current week. The last chance to add manual time for last week was today at 12 noon UTC time zone.

You will have to apologize to the client and ask if he would be so kind to pay you for last week's hours as a bonus.

Also remember that there is 0 protection for manual time even if it is enabled. If something goes wrong you will not get paid.

Now problems rarely arise, but they can, and with a new-to-me client I would always track the time.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths