🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Escrow Refund Request problem with client
Page options
44b57a50
Community Member

Escrow Refund Request problem with client

One of my client recently ended up creating duplicate contracts for a single job. After the work on the job was done she approved the milestone and ended one of the contract. After a while I contacted her informing her that there is a duplicate contract and that we should close it and later on she closed that duplicate contract.

Then I saw that there is a message in my notification tab with the title 'Escrow refund request' for the duplicate contract that she ended . As I open the message it shows me to either approve the refund or to not approve it. The milestone was not paid and I think the amount she had desposited is in the escrow. So I wanted to ask that if I approve (which I want to) the refund will it result in returning the amount to her or the amount is deducted from my earnings?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

It will not be deducted from your earning. You need to agree to refund. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
4c5b9f71
Community Member

New to upwork here so do not have any advice on this but left you a like and a coomment, to stay notified of the solution. 

Hope you get it soon brother!!

Illustrations M wrote:

New to upwork here so do not have any advice on this but left you a like and a coomment, to stay notified of the solution. 

Hope you get it soon brother!!

Not sure if you are familiar with the terms of service you agreed to when signing up, but you need to use your real name and picture. 

martina_plaschka
Community Member

It will not be deducted from your earning. You need to agree to refund. 

Thanks for clearing the doubt Martina and I am just curious about why does Upwork needs freelancer's permission for refund like isn't the amount in escrow deposited with Upwork so they should be able to transfer it easily.

It is supposed to protect the freelancer from clients randomly taking money back, and upwork will never do that because they don't interfere between client and freelancer. 

You might be the first complaining about it.  

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths