🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Fraud done by UPWORK
Page options
kumarandroidapp
Community Member

Fraud done by UPWORK

I received call from 91 44 6160 7475 and suddenly 50,235.99 INR withdraw from my account without any verification or OTP.  Why this type of Fraud transaction done on upwork. Really dissapointed.

Even i dont have any clue what to do now. I have just received sms of the transaction which was done on upwork.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Seriously need help, Please revert my money. I have also done **Edited for Community Guidelines** and I have mailed to Delhi Cyber Crime Assistant commissioner of Police.

If you need any information please reply here

9 REPLIES 9
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Amit,

I checked your account that you`re posting from and can confirm that you don't have any charges.
Our team will reach out to you via ticket where you can share more information with us. Our team will assist you further on your ticket that you can access Here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I agreed with your answer. But i received the call and did nothing. I am aware of these of things. I just need you to stop that transaction  which was approx $ 669 Dollar in india its 50000 approx. Just block that transaction or revert it to the account. Its my humble request to check the transaction.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thank you for quick reply. I already mentioned it done by someone else.
Please verify the transaction number through your team. Who did that fraud through upwork.
In sms and transaction the payment credit to UPWORK. That's why i need your help. You can revert the Money or you can block the profile or account where this transaction made.

Did you check that transaction through your finance team, If yes then i will do the next step.

amit k wrote:

Did you check that transaction through your finance team, If yes then i will do the next step.

Actually, I see what you mean now... You think that someone stole your card details to make a payment on Upwork?

What exactly did you tell the caller?

Also, you need to file for a chargeback with your bank. Where-ever that money has gone

i registered a fraud complaint againt the transactions.

But the main thing is the payment showing to UPWORK. May be that person deposite or made payment on UPWORK. Thats the reason i contacted here for quick action.

You guys can directly check the transaction number and stop the payment to that fraud person. or Revert that amount to original source. This will be a great help to me. I beg you to forward the transaction refrence number to your finance or cyber team to check and revert that money to original source.

Hi Amit,

Please refer to the instructions I`ve shared in previous posts. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Amit,

Our team has already reached out to you via ticket and email as well to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this Link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths