🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Fre...
Page options
Andrea G Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Note: A previous version of this post was closed as the number of responses made it difficult to read and navigate. If you had not received a response yet to a request you made, please post again in this thread.

~Andrea
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

7,804 REPLIES 7,804
Julia A Community Member

Please have a look at my profile and let me know your thoughts. Positive and negative both are welcome

Thank you.

Here is my profile link.
https://community.upwork.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/19189436

Clark S Community Member

Julia,

Your profile is set to Private. You must set your profile to Public so we can see it.

Thanks.

Moazzam H Community Member

Please review my profile and give me feedback https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/moazzamh4

Clark S Community Member

Moazzam,

I recommend revising the first sentence in you overview/summary. First, remove "Hi! I'm Moazzam," since greetings waste valuable space and clients can already see your name on your profile. Next, I highly recommend removing ":trophy: Top 10% of Upwork's 3D artists." unless you can prove to clients the claim is true. There is no way for clients to verify this by looking at your profile.

Everything else looks good.

Sumair S Community Member

Please have a look! Feedback welcome. 
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/sumairshakir

Clark S Community Member

Sumair,

I think your profile looks good. However, I think clients might expect the overview/summary of a growth/digital marketing expert to have a little more information. Your first paragraph includes great background/experience information and achievements, and the list after that tells potential clients what you can provide.

Now, maybe you could enhance your summary by giving clients a brief overview of your growth strategy, any tools/resources you use for collaboration or to gain a competitlve edge, and how you will interact and work with them to get desired results.

The other areas of your profile look good. I do not see any problems or issues that would prevent a client from hiring you.

Sumair S Community Member

Thanks Clark! 

Mamadou Lamine M Community Member

hello Mrs Andrea how are you ? I hope that you are feeling good . So I am LAmine from Senegal nice to meet you . effectively I need your help because i am new here and i never have costumers here . thanks you so much

Clark S Community Member

Hello Mamadou Lamine,

This thread is focused on reviewing profiles to help them stand out. What type of help are you seeking?

Andrea is an Upwork Moderator. The moderators provide valuable information to freelancers and moderate the Forums, but you must be specific about the help you need.

Your profile is set to Private. You must set your profile to Public if you want other freelancers to view it.

Shahzad A Community Member

Hi, 

I Am Shahzad Akram WordPress WEB Developer. please review my profile.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0117c35cf107bdc8e5

Thanks.

Clark S Community Member

Shahzad,

You should remove the first line in your overview/summary: "Welcome to My Profile!". Then change "we" to "I" at the end of the first sentence: we I create stunning and fully responsive websites.

Only the first two sentences of your summary are shown to clients in searches, which means you have very little space to get their attention. You do not want to use that space for a greeting.

Also, change the following:

"Our Web Services:" should be "Our My Web Services:"

"Our Organic Social Media Marketing Services:" should be "Our  My Organic Social Media Marketing Services:"

The other areas of your profile look fine.

Anoosha G Community Member

greeting community members!

hope you all are doing great. im few on upwork can you please review my profile and tell me if anything is wrong or any kind of modification is required.

here is the link to my profile

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01ce85b438c1564e3e

Anthony H Community Member

Anoosha,

Welcome aboard.

Your profile has to focus on a service that you offer. As such, psychology is a terrific field of study, but what service connected with that are you selling? 

It could be content, SEO or article wriiting that touches on mental health or psychological phenomenon. It could be researching for an academic or commercial concern. Whatever it is, people don't hire smart people on Upwork. They hire smart people who have a service that they are selling.

With this in mind, it's not advised that you offer divergent services. People want to hire experts. So, it is assumed nobody is an expert at two things. Either you are an expert writer or an expert data analyst or an expert researcher. If you want to go for two areas, you will confuse  people. Then again, if you don't have experience as a professional writer, it is difficult to make the case that you are an expert. Writing, however, is a career where you can start from scratch. But all this is a different topic. In terms of your profile, focus on a service. Then people will know why to hire you.

I'll be writing content related to psychology. Currently I can't offer services of a psychologist since I'm not a a licensed psychologist yet. Is it not a good service though??

Anthony H Community Member

Yes, terrific. But you have to say that. Your job title should say "Writer" or "Content Writer."

You might go with "Psychology Writer." However, if you say "Psychology Writer" and apply for a writing job that isn't psychology related, that client might think you can't write about anything else. I would recommend a job title of "Writer" or "Online Writing Expert." Then, in your write up you can talk about your psychology expertise.

There again, the trick would be to talk about your psychology expertise, but also say something like, "With a college degree I am a demonstrated fast learner who can write logically and analytically about many things." That way you emphasize your psychology, but use it to get lots of other jobs, too. Or say "With a psychology degree, I have proven experience explaining complex topics in a manner anyone can understand."

Use what you have an expand on it. Don't use what you have to limit your options to just psychology. 

Thank you so much Anthony. I'll keep these tips and tricks in my mind while editing the profile. You're such a great help. Bless you.

Ajarat A Community Member

Hello Anthony

Please kindly review my profile and give me your feedback

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0124772f1a5b6edd42

Asif J Community Member

Please review my profile and inform me if anyone is interested in providing me with constructive feedback.

Here is my profile

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~016276b10f52c95786

Clark S Community Member

Asif,

Your profile is set to Private. You must set your profile to Public so we can see it.

Nworiechukwukere M Community Member

Am interested to join the Upwork 

Ajarat A Community Member

Hello Nworiechukwukere

I just viewed your Upwork and saw that you've not started anytthing on your Upwork 

View my Upwork profile to complete your profile

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0124772f1a5b6edd42Nothing Done On Upwork Profile.png

M U Community Member

hey are you new here 

Saima H Community Member

Dear Ajrat A,

kindly check it now 

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~014f6adb2412f5123a

Huihui L Community Member

I just came to UPwork today and I had no idea! I'm a complete novice! I am a native Chinese, I teach Chinese to adults and children, help them improve their listening, speaking, reading and writing, I can shoot videos, I can also edit, I can also help with Chinese correction. I major in education, in short, education and Chinese related things are my passion, thank you for meeting!

Clark S Community Member

Huihui,

Welcome to Upwork.

Here are a few suggestions to help improve your profile:

Title:  Capitalize the first letter of each word in your title; this will help it stand out. Also, remove "enthusiastic and patient"--these should be used in your sumary: International Chinese Teacher

Overview/Summary: The information in your summary is good, but it might be best to start the summary with a paragraph. You can do this by combining the first few sentences in your summary. Clients will only see the first two sentences of your summary when they search for Chinese teachers, so you have very little space to get their attention.

Here is an example:

I am highly skilled certified full-time Chinese teacher with 3 years of teaching experience. I build 100% customized lessons according to your needs including friendly lessons for beginners and different levels for children's Chinese/HSK teaching.

As a graduate from a teacher-training university, National Putonghua Certificate Grade 2/Grade A, I can create highly effective language training that guides students through four-skill integrations (reading, listening, speaking, and writing) with the emphasis on listening and reading Chinese. I also use a wealth of electronic textbooks for classes that will assist students during their learning experience.

I am super passionate and patient, and will work closely with students to ensure they are successful.

Let's talk about your needs and how I can help.

You do not have to keep the same words I used, but you get the idea--use sentences in paragraph form and tell clients about the services you can provide.

Portfolio: Add a portfolio to show samples of lesson plans, workbooks, class scheduling, etc. The portfolio is a chance to make a positive first impression on potential clients.

Your video introduction is great, and the other sections of your profile look good too.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths