🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Fre...
Page options
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Note: A previous version of this post was closed as the number of responses made it difficult to read and navigate. If you had not received a response yet to a request you made, please post again in this thread.

~Andrea
Upwork
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

7,804 REPLIES 7,804
celgins
Community Member

Alicia,

I looked through your profile and I think it needs some work.

Your profile does not provide enough information for clients to understand what you do and how you can help them. As a voice actress, you have to tell clients exactly which services you provide and how you can meet their needs. Clients expect to read about your skills and qualifications, but they really want to know how your skills/qualifications will benefit them.

For example, tell clients which voice projects you can work on (e.g., "I can provide voice-overs for web tutorials, commercials, corporate narration, e-learning and training videos, explainer videos, and educational scripts.")

Then, talk about your voice type/tone, style and range: (e.g., "I have a genuine, friendly vocal delivery that can range from high energy and comical, to sophisticated and business-like.")

Also, you can mention the type of equipment you use and how you will ensure quality when developing voice projects.

Finally, you should remove your blog URL since it contains contact information. Freelancers and clients are not allowed to provide contact information onsite or link to contact information without a contract in-place.

Once you make these updates, clients will have a better understanding of the services you offer and how you can help them.

5f84103e
Community Member

Hi, Please have a look at my profile and give me your feedback.

Thank you. 

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~015e40f85ad3d2c1c4

celgins
Community Member

Hi Hafiz Muhammad,

Remove the first line in your overview/summay: "Hello there!Seems like an innocent greeting, but it takes up valuable space the beginning of your summary. Clients can only see the first two sentences of your summary when they search for freelancers. You have very little space to get their attention, and you do not want to waste space with a greeting.

The rest of your summary sounds good and the other areas of your profile look good. I do not see any huge problems that would prevent a client from hiring you.

Good luck.

4725ae93
Community Member

Hello, Im new to upwork. Could you please review my profile and provide me with feedback? Thank you!

celgins
Community Member

Hello Nicolas Matias,

I like your title, but I recommend capitalizing the first letter of each word to help it stand out: Illustrator, 2D Artist, Character Designer

Your overview/summary has good content, but you weave in quite a bit of personal information. Clients rarely care about personal stories and usually stick to the"What can this freelancer do for me?" mindset when looking at freelancer profiles.

I recommend adding more information about your services--anything beyond digital illustration and character design. For example, talk about how you will work with clients to understand their unique needs and your success working with previous clients. Tell them the tools/applications you use and how you will ensure work is completed in a timely manner.

There is a lot of extra whitespace after the last paragraph in your summary. Clients will have to scroll a long way to reach your portfolio and skills list. I'm not sure how it got there, but I highly recommend removing the excess whitespace to make it easier for clients to see your portfolio and other profile areas.

Speaking of your portfolio, it looks great, and the other areas of your profile look good too.

Good luck.

69a373e6
Community Member

Hello plz some one check my profile 

Someone already replied to you and no changes were made.

Translator English to Urdu End Urdu to Englis... - Upwork Community

8360006f
Community Member

While i am not exactly new on Upwork, i have recently started to get serious about making the most of this opportunity and I will really appreciate pointers on getting the needed visibility for my skills and getting job opportunities to put them to good use. Thank you. 

Yemsi,

I love your profile, but it still needs big changes.

One: I don't know why your job title includes "Real Estate." 

I think that's a terrific idea. I think you should develope that idea further. But for now, I don't see any real estate mentioned in your write-up, so I don't know why it's in your job title.

Second -- I counted -- your write up is 68 words long and it's all one sentence. You definitely need to find a good writer friend who can work this out with you. You have a lot to offer, but you went overboard with that sentence. It keeps going and going and never wants to stop. 

I loved it, but you need to write professionally to advertise your professional services. 

Finally, the word "cognate" is used incorrectly. "Cognate" refers to a word that is a derivitive of another word. "Cognate experience," just isn't a viable phrase as far as I can tell. 

You have great energy and I with you well. All you need is a little help with your writing. That can't be too hard to find.

b126d090
Community Member

Hello Upwork Community,

I'm feeling quite frustrated lately. Despite my dedicated efforts to enhance my Upwork profile, I'm not getting any profile views or invites. I've done a lot of research and made several changes, but I'm not seeing any results.

I'm reaching out to seek clear and practical advice from this supportive community. If you have any tips or insights on how to improve profile visibility, please share them with me.

Your help would mean a lot!

Best regards, 
Ahsan U

celgins
Community Member

Ahsan,

I'm afraid there isn't much more you can do to increase your profile visibility. Your profile title, summary and skills list are in sync. You have a 100% JSS, a good portfolio, project catalog, certifications, and employment history.

Many freelancers--even Top-Rated and Top-Rated Plus have seen declines in profile views and invites over the last year. This occurred for several reasons, but I think fluctuating search results is a big part of it. Search results are shown on a rotating basis, which means they’re not the same from week to week. I believe the constant movement affects the number of clients who see your profile, which then affects the number of invites you might get.

Keep applying for jobs that match your qualifications/skills by writing great cover letters. Hopefully things change for the better soon.

Good luck!

d1a8f970
Community Member

Hello,

Currently between jobs and looking to see if Upwork is a good approach for me. I'd be very grateful for feedback on my public profile.

Thank you

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0122fd4003a0f62a9e?

Alec,

Hello, Australia. Nice place to visit.

Your profile is ... underwhelming. In the first place, it's kind of all over the place regarding what you to -- technician, writing, consulting, what? People want to know what they are spending their money on and for $75 per hour, I'm going to want to know exactly what you do and exactly what you can deliver. I'm going to want to know how I will benefit from hiring you.

Here's a classic error: You say "I get a kick out of ... " whatever. Freelancing is not about you getting a kick out of your work. It's about professionals helping solve problems for others. This ain't about you, to put it in the proverbial nutshell. 

All that said, I'm not a technician or even close to one. I can dial a phone, drive a car. That's about as far as it goes. So maybe your profile is clear to someone, but not to me. Then, again, I know what $75 per hour feels like and I'm giong to need a lot more convincing than a few random bullet points to part with that money. Prove to me you're worth it. So far, I'm not on board.

Finally -- your photo is expected to convey trust. A photo of someone with a camera in front of their face ... that doesn't work for me.

Anthony,

Thanks for taking the time to write a detailed review.
I can see the value of what you are saying and I'll be revising the content.
I think I can be a little more "loosy-goosey" because it's the IT industry but I should definely tigheten it up.

Thanks again.

da11f4ad
Community Member

Please have a look at my profile and let me know if anyone is willing to give me the best feedback.

Thank you.

Here is my profile link.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~013d880597b7a857ae

celgins
Community Member

Yatish,

Your profile is set to Private. You must set your profile to Public so we can see it.

Thanks.

john371023
Community Member

Hi everybody, this John Crawford and I've been for about 3 months now. I have made my own personal projects. I Can someone take a look a my profile.

John,

Your profile sounds pretty self-conscious. 

You start with "My name is John." But your name is in huge letters at the top of your profile, so that's a redundant, unnecessary start.

You say you are "knowledgeable of ... Adobe creative cloud ... etc." Knowledgeable is just the most break-even word. Upwork is packed full of experts and knowledgeable just isn't competetive enough. Every profile should start with this sentence: "I am an expert _____________ with X,Y Z credentials, who can fix these problems that you have _____________, ____________, and _____________. 

You need to be that confident. You wrote later "Some accomplishments ..." You have to sound stronger. "My accomplishments include ..." A lot of your word choices, like the word "some" just sound compromised.

After that, your ability to communicate with clients and work hard are also just break even claims. To say so, everyone claims they communicate well and work hard. It's nice to mention communication is something you value, but it just isn't a standout item. (Communicating well doesn't close many deals, I would think.)

What makes you standout are your previous accomplishments. Write about them with more detail. What clilents want is freelancers who can "get the job done." Your previous work tells people you know how to get the job done to completion. Upwork clients fear freelancers who quit halfway through. Past accomplishments show them that you don't do that. 

If possible, point to gains your clients in the past have realized. Did their audience appreciate your style, your ability to capture the essence of a brand? Did their products sell well? Did they get good feedback? Were your customers happy?

It also helps, if you want to go this route, to very specifically name the problems you can fix for your clients. If you can name their problem, they will think, "Hey, this guy understands me. I want to hire him." What problems do they face? Lack of a consistent message to customers? Not outshining the competition? "I can help you outshine the competition!" Wouldn't that be nice to see if you were looking for a graphic designer? 

I'm kind of skipping around here, but you need to sound more confident and prove you have some value. Proof is established by providing credible details of your past work. 

270e6625
Community Member

please look my profile and you me guide me

celgins
Community Member

Fahim,

Your profile is set to Private. You must set your profile to Public if you want other freelancers to review it.

c6480476
Community Member

Hi I'm Dev,
I would Like to get the profile feedback,

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01bb659ee9ff8684c3

celgins
Community Member

Hi Dev,

The first thing I noticed about your profile is your overview/summary and the content that should not be there. I highly recommend removing the following:

"(:mobile_phone:) Meet Dev: Crafting Innovative Experiences in the iOS Universe (:glowing_star:)"

"👨‍💻 About Me:"

"Hey there, I'm Dev Rangoonwala,"

"(:books:) My Journey: My journey as an iOS developer began when I came to know about iOS Development as a college student. It all started with a fascination for Apple's elegant ecosystem and a curiosity to unlock its limitless potential. Since then, I've been on a relentless pursuit of iOS mastery."

Why remove this? Because only the first two sentences of your summary are shown to clients when they search for freelancers. This means you have very little space--only two sentences--to get their attention. When you use greetings, "about me", your name, emojis, etc., you are blocking valuable space that should be used to tell clients about your services and how you can help them.

I also suggested removing the everything under :books: My Journey: It might sound harsh, but clients do not care about your journey. Clients look for freelancers who can get results and help them meet their goals.

In your skills list, you have Copywriting, which is a bit odd for a software developer specializing in mobile app development. Keep in mind that the skill categories are in your skills list are used to match you with relevant jobs. You should only include skill categories that are specific to your services/skills.

It is important that you add a portfolio to show samples of your work. The portfolio is a chance to make a positive first impression on potential clients, and clients will expect to see several samples from a software/mobile app developer.

shakil880
Community Member

Hi there! I created this account a long time ago... but I didn't do any project up until now. I'm gonna start being active from now on in Upwork.

Please review my profile and share your suggestions with be.

Best Regards,

Ehesan

Hi Ehesan,

Your profile is set to Private. You must set your profile to Public so we can see it.

0c65576e
Community Member

Hi everone !
Please take a look to my profile , your feedback is much appreciated 🙂
https://www.upwork.com/fl/~0139d8120f6d07575b 

celgins
Community Member

Hi Nada,

I think your profile looks good, but I recommend adding more information to your overview/summary. The information in your summary is great, but clients might expect to hear more about your services.

For example, you might want to talk about your process in working with clients to gather information/content to build courseware. Then, mention any success stories as Instructional Designer and Online Learning Officer, and how you can apply those same methods to ensure success for new clients.

Also, add short job descriptions to each job in your employment history. This is especially important when the jobs are highly relevant to the services you provide on Upwork.

I think everything else in your profile looks good.

f614e086
Community Member

Hello guys.

Please help me review my profile, the first time I posted but had no feedback.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01740dfbe3a78f08c8

celgins
Community Member

Hello Steven,

There was a review in response to your first post on September 11. You can see that review here.

You should also add blank lines between paragraphs in your overview/summary to make it easier to read. Also, I suggest removing "Hello there" and the emojis:

I'm a dedicated full stack web developer with a proven track record of crafting engaging online experiences for small and medium-sized businesses. Whether you're looking to establish a strong online presence, showcase your services, or set up an e-commerce platform, I'm here to make it happen.

When you work with me, you're not just getting a developer – you're getting a full-fledged project manager, I'll oversee every aspect of your project, ensuring that your vision becomes a reality. I currently have three years of experience outside the freelance world building web-based solutions in my local area.

(...)

f614e086
Community Member

Thank you very much
mhamzaq
Community Member

Please have a look at my profile and let me know if anyone is willing to give me the best feedback.

Thank you.

Here is my profile link.
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01de253b8869869f49

celgins
Community Member

Hamza,

I think your profile looks good. The only small suggestions I have:

1) I would consider removing content like "Welcome to my profile," from your overview/summary since it takes up valuable space within the first two sentences. Clients only see the first two sentences of your summary when searching for freelancers, so I always recommend using those two sentences for important words--not greetings.

2) I would consider adding Android and iOS to your skills list since you use both in your title and summary. It is important to keep your skills list updated with relevant skills categories so that Upwork can match you with relevant jobs, and so your profile will appear when clients search for your skills.

Everything else looks good.

bc8b5241
Community Member

Good Day,

Please have a look at my profile and let me know if there are any areas of improvement.

I'd ideally like to book my first job in October.

Warm Regards

Izak: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~017d325076969140c0

celgins
Community Member

Hi Izak,

Nice profile.

I looked through each section and I don't see much that could be improved. Your overview/summary is well-written and informative, and your skills and employment history look great.

The item in your portfolio looks good, but you might want to consider adding at least one more item to give clients more visuals.

I think your profile is good. I do not see any problems or issues that would prevent a client from hiring you.

Good luck.

bc8b5241
Community Member

Thank you for the review and reply Clark it's truly appreciated.

5db15397
Community Member

Pls I don't know what to do could u take me through, am new here

celgins
Community Member

Your profile is incomplete.

Since you are new to Upwork, make sure your profile is 100% complete before applying to jobs. The best way to complete your profile is to go through the following Academy Courses and Learning Paths:

faadi1132
Community Member

I hope this message finds you well. As part of my ongoing effort to expand my freelance career, I have updated and refined my Upwork profile to better showcase my skills and experience. I value the collective expertise of our community, and I would be truly grateful if you could spare a few minutes to review my profile.

Your feedback, suggestions, and constructive criticism will be immensely beneficial as I strive to make a compelling and effective impression on potential clients. Whether it's about the description, the portfolio items, or any other aspect, every bit of insight will be appreciated.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/faadimirza

Thank you in advance for your time and support. It means a lot to have a community like ours where we can rely on each other for guidance and growth.

Faadi,

There was a review of your provile on Septemeber 13. You can see that review here.

I recommend going through that review and making the updates; especially to your summary and skills list.

6c3fa7ea
Community Member

Hi, can you give me feedback I'm a newbie on Upwork.

celgins
Community Member

Azish,

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths