🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Fre...
Page options
Andrea G Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Note: A previous version of this post was closed as the number of responses made it difficult to read and navigate. If you had not received a response yet to a request you made, please post again in this thread.

~Andrea
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

7,804 REPLIES 7,804
Clark S Community Member

Hamza,

I think your profile looks good. The only small suggestions I have:

1) I would consider removing content like "Welcome to my profile," from your overview/summary since it takes up valuable space within the first two sentences. Clients only see the first two sentences of your summary when searching for freelancers, so I always recommend using those two sentences for important words--not greetings.

2) I would consider adding Android and iOS to your skills list since you use both in your title and summary. It is important to keep your skills list updated with relevant skills categories so that Upwork can match you with relevant jobs, and so your profile will appear when clients search for your skills.

Everything else looks good.

Izak D Community Member

Good Day,

Please have a look at my profile and let me know if there are any areas of improvement.

I'd ideally like to book my first job in October.

Warm Regards

Izak: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~017d325076969140c0

Clark S Community Member

Hi Izak,

Nice profile.

I looked through each section and I don't see much that could be improved. Your overview/summary is well-written and informative, and your skills and employment history look great.

The item in your portfolio looks good, but you might want to consider adding at least one more item to give clients more visuals.

I think your profile is good. I do not see any problems or issues that would prevent a client from hiring you.

Good luck.

Izak D Community Member

Thank you for the review and reply Clark it's truly appreciated.

Favour N Community Member

Pls I don't know what to do could u take me through, am new here

Clark S Community Member

Your profile is incomplete.

Since you are new to Upwork, make sure your profile is 100% complete before applying to jobs. The best way to complete your profile is to go through the following Academy Courses and Learning Paths:

Faadi M Community Member

I hope this message finds you well. As part of my ongoing effort to expand my freelance career, I have updated and refined my Upwork profile to better showcase my skills and experience. I value the collective expertise of our community, and I would be truly grateful if you could spare a few minutes to review my profile.

Your feedback, suggestions, and constructive criticism will be immensely beneficial as I strive to make a compelling and effective impression on potential clients. Whether it's about the description, the portfolio items, or any other aspect, every bit of insight will be appreciated.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/faadimirza

Thank you in advance for your time and support. It means a lot to have a community like ours where we can rely on each other for guidance and growth.

Clark S Community Member

Faadi,

There was a review of your provile on Septemeber 13. You can see that review here.

I recommend going through that review and making the updates; especially to your summary and skills list.

Azish A Community Member

Hi, can you give me feedback I'm a newbie on Upwork.

Clark S Community Member

Azish,

Your profile is set to Private. You must set your profile to Public so we can see it.

Anoosha G Community Member

het community can you review my profile and tell me if somethings is wrong

here is the link : https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01ce85b438c1564e3e

Clark S Community Member

Anoosha,

Be sure to check out the other reviews of your profile:

I think the first part of your overview/summary misses the opportunity to tell clients how you can help them. I highly recommend removing this:

"Hello, I'm Anoosha! Thank you for taking the time to visit my profile."

"As a newcomer to the world of freelancing, I may not have the extensive reviews that some other freelancers do, but what I lack in reviews, I make up for with my strong commitment to excellence and a passion for the work I do."

Why? Because only the first two sentences of your summary are shown to clients when they search for writers. This means you have very little space--only two sentences--to grab their attention. You want to use that small space to talk about the client's goals (your services and deliverables), and how you can help them meet those goals.

At the beginning of your summary, immediately tell clients what you do and how you can help them.

I'm an accomplished writer who focuses intently on developing creative content through great story-telling. I think outside the box, and use imagination and intuition to infuse originality into my writing. Whether it's product descriptions, blog material, transcription, or mental health articles, I can write high-quality content that resonates with your readers.

Here's what you can expect from me:

(...)

You can change what I wrote, but the idea is the same--tell clients what you can write and how it might benefit them.

Also, you should probably add at least one more writing sample to your portfolio.

Anoosha G Community Member

Thanks for en extensive review Clark. I really appreciate it and will keep all the tips in my mind. 

Manwendra M Community Member

Can someone please review my profile? I will be grateful for your feedback. https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/manwendra

Clark S Community Member

Manwendra,

I think your profile looks good.

The only two recommendations I have:

1) Add more items to your portfolio. Many clients do not like to navigate away from the site, so they might not click links to view offline samples.

2) Add LinkedIn Marketing and B2B Marketing to your skills list since you include it in your title and/or summary. This will ensure your title, summary, and skills list are in sync. It is important to keep your skills list updated with relevant skills categories so that Upwork can match you with relevant jobs, and so your profile will appear when clients search for your skills.

Everything else looks good.

Anmol N Community Member

Hello guys. I've just joined.

Would love some feedback on my profile: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01237d11739478e3f3

Let me know 😊

Clark S Community Member

Hello Anmol,

Good start to your profile.

I think your overview/summary provides a great overview of your expertise and capabilities, but you never really say what you can do. You provide UI design and have focused on UI projects for some major brands, so now you need to tell potential clients what that means. Clients expect to read about your skills and qualifications, but they really want to know how your skills/qualifications will benefit them.

My suggestion is to add specfic services/deliverables to your summary. Here is an example:

With over 15 years in the design industry, my primary expertise lies in UI Design. I've spearheaded UI-focused projects for elite brands such as Unilever, Tesco, and Toyota Great Britain. I can use the same design strategies to create wireframes, prototypes, and manage the production and deployment of the most optimal interface and experience for your customers.

My vast experience in UX/UI best practices ensures the planning and execution of intricate design projects. Additionally, I mentor teams and seize business development opportunities. My passionate and progressive approach to UI design is a reflection of my commitment to excellence, driving me to consistently deliver work of the highest standard.

You don't have to keep what I wrote, but you get the idea--show the potential client their goals (your services and deliverables) early in your summary. Early is important because clients only see the first two sentences of your summary when they search for UX/UI designers. This means you have very little space to grab their attention, and you want to fit their goals (your services/deliverables) into that small space.

Your portfolio and other areas look great. I do not see any problems or issues that would prevent a client from hiring you.

Good luck!

Muhammad Danish S Community Member

I uploaded my id verification documents 4 days ago but it seems like to under review why it took too long

Favour N Community Member

Okay
Clark S Community Member

If you have not already, you must reach out to Upwork Support regarding ID verification documentation.

Kamran R Community Member

Please have a look at my profile and let me know if anyone is willing to give me the best feedback.

Thank you.

Here is my profile Upwork Freelancer.

Clark S Community Member

Kamran,

I think your profile has good content, but I have a suggestion regarding your overview/summary.

Since clients need to see important information early in your summary, I suggest moving the following content up:

"My mission is to create mobile applications that go beyond expectations. I specialize in delivering user-friendly, visually captivating, and high-performance apps. Your vision is my priority, and I'm dedicated to working closely with you to turn it into a reality."

This paragraph focuses on what you can deliver to meet client goals, and this is what they want to hear. I recommend making this your first or second paragraph.

Your portfolio, skills, project catalog, certifications, and employment history look good.

I really appreciate your precious time to review my profile. I shall review my summary for sure.

Thanks

Md S Community Member

Hello Clark

Here is my Profile link Please Check

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01eb043cd1cbf335a1

Seems good so far 👍🏼

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths