🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Fre...
Page options
Andrea G Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Note: A previous version of this post was closed as the number of responses made it difficult to read and navigate. If you had not received a response yet to a request you made, please post again in this thread.

~Andrea
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

7,804 REPLIES 7,804
Syed Sajid H Community Member

Howcan i get my first order on upworks?😐

Clark S Community Member

Syed Sajid,

That is a question not easily answered and millions of freelancers have asked, and will continue to ask it. Freelancers can win jobs on Upwork by submitting proposals and through invitations. Most new freelancers must submit proposals to win jobs.

Virtual assistance is a highly competitive skill area on Upwork, so winning jobs--first or subsequent jobs--can be very difficult.

To make your profile more appealing to clients, do this:

1) Remove this from the first part of your overview/summary:

"Hey!"

"Sajid Here ..Hope you doing well."

When clients search for freelancers, only the first two sentences of your summary are shown. You have very little space (only two sentences) to get their attention, and you want clients to see your services in those sentences. You don't want to waste any space with a greeting.

2) The first paragraph in your summary has good information, but you should revise it to sound more authoritative. Don't talk about being new to Upwork or doing your best, and don't mention experience if it's a year or less. Instead, make your summary sound more persuavive:

I am a versatile E-Commerce Virtual Assistant (Amazon, Ebay, Walmart) with experience helping my clients with online sales and customer service. I can help you with Amazon (A to Z) e.g., product hunting, sourcing, scanning, selling, advertising PPC, Amazon listing creation, shipping plans, competitor analysis, product analysis for wholesale, product launching & ranking, building strategies, client reporting, and dropshipping.

3) Add more e-commerce related items to your portfolioThe accounting/finance award/certificate is good, but clients will expect to see samples of previous Amazon PPC work, listings, analysis overviews, etc. The portfolio is a chance to make a positive first impression on potential clients.

The other sections of your profile look fine. Once you update your summary, I think clients will have a better chance of seeing your profile in searches.

Good luck!

Godspower I Community Member

I am new here...and I need some guidance... please i need a view on my profile and how can I get my first job

Clark S Community Member

Godspower,

I must offer the same view I provided to the post above yours.

The question about getting your first job is not easily answered--millions of freelancers have asked and will continue to ask the same question. Freelancers can win jobs on Upwork by submitting proposals and through invitations. Most new freelancers must submit proposals to win jobs.

Your profile does not have enough information to convince clients to hire you. To make your profile more appealing to clients, provide more information in your overview/summary. Clients come to Upwork with specific needs and they look for freelancers who can get results.

Since you are new to Upwork, make sure your profile is 100% complete before applying to jobs. The best way to complete your profile is to go through the following Academy Courses and Learning Paths:

Amina A Community Member

Please Have a Look at my profile and tell me how i can make it which grab the Client's Attention. Let me know if anyone is willing to give me the best feedback.

Here is my profile Link:

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0180ab309eb6ee3448 

Anthony H Community Member

Amina,

Look at other marketer profiles to get some ideas.

Aleksandrs J Community Member

Hi!

Can someone check on my profile? I am new here without a previous experience. 

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0122c4bffe5f12b1ea

Thank you in advance! 

Aleksandrs,

I can never understand why translators don't write their profile write-up in each of the languages they say they can translate. Can you explain that to me? You wrote in English. Don't you think people speaking Russian or Latvian want translators as well? Anyway, it always seems shortsighted to me.

Aleksandrs J Community Member

Thank you for a reply! I didn't think it through. Appreciate your review. 

Mujahid K Community Member

Clark S Community Member

Mujahid,

The first three lines of your overview/summary are probably not the best things for potential clients to see. There is nothing wrong with those three lines, but they provide very little value as the first words in your profile.

When clients search for freelancers, only the first two sentences of your summary are shown. This means you have very little space to grab their attention, and you clients to see your services and how you can help them in those first few sentences.

If you prefer to use some of that information, include it in the first paragraph of your summary like this:

Highly skilled Senior Graphic Designer with 7 years of experience in corporate identity, logo design and packaging. My goal is to turn your ideas and business goals into attractive and working projects. I study your problem, think how creatively it can be solved and offer you options.

The information after that sounds good.

Also, add short job descriptions to each job in your employment history. This is especially important when the jobs are highly relevant to the services you provide on Upwork.

Mujahid K Community Member

Thankyou for the suggestions, I have updated the profile according to the changes you have told me. Can you review them again?

MD. NAYAN S Community Member

Hello Community!

Can anyone provide information on how I can increase the number of visitors or impression and clicks to my Upwork profile?

I would greatly appreciate it if any Upwork staff could answer my question.

Please check out the image provided below for the current situation.

Thank you 😊

Nayan,

The first thing you need to do is to kick about 500,000 other WordPress developers off the site. That would be a good start.

The next thing to do is learn how to write great proposal letters. 

Once you do that, as long as you've removed those 500,000 other WordPress developers off the platform, is to never leave your computer and react within 30 seconds to every job posting that looks good to you.

I'm being very snippy, but you should learn to write terrific proposal letters. If you can't do that, Upwork will just be a mystery to you.

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for the advice!

Kicking out 500,000 developers might be a tall order, but I'm up for the challenge. 😄

Seriously though, I appreciate the tips on proposal letters and responsiveness. I'll work on mastering those and unraveling the Upwork mystery. 💪

Hi Anthony,

I have checked all the information on Upwork, and I am wondering where did you find that 500,000 WordPress developers? I will greatly appreciate your answer.

Thanks.

Shihabul Alam T Community Member

Please review my profile.

Here is my link - 

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~017d4389ec7b4ee842

Clark S Community Member

Shihab,

Your profile is set to Private. You must set your profile to Public so other freelancers can see it.

Jhun Jhun P Community Member

Good day maam i would like to request help from you to view my profile so that i know what should i need to improved your suggestion is highly appreciated Thanks and Godbless!!

Clark S Community Member

Jhun Jhun,

Andrea is an Upwork Moderator. The moderators provide valuable information to freelancers and moderate the forums, but they do not provide profile reviews. Other freelancers offer to review profiles and provide feedback.

I looked through your profile and I have a few suggestions that might help improve it:

1) I recommend changing your title to one of the skill categories Upwork uses. Since you are a virtual assistant, your title should be Virtual Assistant.

2) Your overview/summary is okay, but there are a few grammatical corrections needed. Use a grammar checker and it will catch those spelling and puncuation errors.

Looking for all-arrounder to help you with day-to-day tasks? Look no further. I am a highly experienced and proficient virtual assistant that can check the boxes on your to-do list. With over 2 years of experience managing office administrative tasks, I can help you with the following:

• Data Research
• Image Editing
• Customer Service
• Digital Marketing
• Administrative Tasks

Having completed hundreds of administrative tasks over the past several years, I have become efficient in using the following tools and platforms:

(...)

3) Add more items to your portfolio to show samples of your virtual assistance services. The portfolio is a chance to make a positive first impression on potential clients. If you don’t have relevant examples to add to your portfolio, you can create items that demonstrate your skills.

Keep in mind that you are competing with hundreds of thousands of virtual assistants, so clients need several reasons to choose you.

Rajat K Community Member

Hi Andrea, 

I have recently joined UpWork, So can you please provide me some feedback about my profile?

Clark S Community Member

Hi Rajat,

Welcome to Upwork.

Andrea is an Upwork Moderator. The moderators provide valuable information to freelancers and moderate the forums, but they do not provide profile reviews. Other freelancers offer to review profiles and provide feedback.

I reviewed your profile and I think it looks good. Your overview/summary is informative and gives clients enough information to understand your services and how you can help them. Your portfolio, skills list, and project catalog look good too.

You should add a short job description to your job at Zerosack Networks. This is especially important when the jobs are highly relevant to the services you provide on Upwork.

The next step is to write great cover letters and send your proposals to jobs matching your skills/qualifications.

Good luck!

Rajat K Community Member

Thanks for the suggestions.

Asad Ullah K Community Member

Make your hourly rate down.you will get invites and suggestions easily.

Priyanshu Mohit S Community Member

Thank you so much.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths