🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelan...
Page options
AndreaG

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Note: A previous version of this post was closed as the number of responses made it difficult to read and navigate. If you had not received a response yet to a request you made, please post again in this thread.

~Andrea
Upwork
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,683 REPLIES 1,683
1abbc0d4
Community Member

Hello Andrea,

Can you please review my profile for completeness (also please check my bio/summary) and provide me with possible actions on how can I increase my invites and profile views in following categories:

Amazon (Creating & Optimizating Listings/PPC, Storefront, Keyword & Product Research)

Digital Marketing

General VA (Sales Leads/Customer Servcies/MS Office/Data Entry)

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/faraz

Thank you so very much.

Regards

Faraz

celgins
Community Member

Hello Faraz,

Andrea is an Upwork Moderator. The moderators provide valuable information to freelancers and moderate the Forums, but they do not provide profile reviews.

I looked through your profile and everything appears complete. However, there are grammatical errors in your overview/summary needing correction. Also, I suggest removing the first sentence in your main profile summary: "Introducing Faraz, Your All-in-One Amazon FBA Expert!Why? Because the first two sentences of your summary are shown to clients when they search for freelancers. You only have a small window to grab their attention, so you want to provide information that convinces the client to view your profile.

So, I suggest removing the first line because it wastes valuable space. Then, revise the first two paragraphs to be more client-focused. Maybe like this:

Amazon FBA Strategist providing free tips and a 20 minute complementary review of your Amazon/Etsy business profile (listings, PPC etc). Yes--absolutely FREE.

If you are ready to take your Amazon business to new heights through billable hours, I can help you achieve that through 20 years of experience using business strategies, PPC advertising, and bookkeeping and accounting to help my clients boost their businesses. With a Masters Degree in Business and IT under my belt, I bring a wealth of expertise to the table.

The remainder of the summary is fine.

One of the best ways to possibly increase profile views for specific categories is to ensure your profile speaks to those categories and provides skills for those categories. For example, you should add the Digital Marketing skill category to your skills list. We are allowed 15 skills, so you will have to remove one to add Digital Marketing. My suggestion is to remove Essay Writing, Bookkeeping, and QuickBooks Online since neither has anything to do with digital marketing, PPC, or SEO.

You should also consider removing QuickBooks from your main profile title. It is unrelated to the other items in your title. I suggest adding Digital Marketing to your title to accompany your summary and skills list.

These changes will help your profile show up when clients are searching for digital marketing help.

Everything else in your profile looks good.

1abbc0d4
Community Member

This was so good to be true.  THANK YOU SO MUCH.

I couldn't believe you will support with such a detailed review of my upwork profile.  Can you give a rerun please, as I made recommended changes.  Thank you so much again.  Have a good day.

f6600f64
Community Member

Hi, please check my upwork profile and need suggestions.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I already sent request to upwork support to keep my profile public.

celgins
Community Member

Hi Mavra,

Your profile still shows as private. Have you tried to set your profile to Public yourself?

d5b2aa58
Community Member

Hi please check my profile and suggest me. i am new to upwork

Thank you

celgins
Community Member

Hi Fasih,

I looked through your profile and I think your overview/summary is really good. There is one grammatical error that needs correction. Your third sentence should say: "I specialize in creating persuasive content for websites, email campaigns, and social media that is both engaging and effective."

I normally tell freelancers to provide a little more substance like your content writing background, but I think your summary is good.

However, you need to complete the rest of your profile. You need to add more skills and a portfolio.

Since you are new to Upwork, make sure your profile is 100% complete before applying to jobs. The best way to finish setting up your profile is to go through the following Academy Courses and Learning Paths:

463b73bd
Community Member

hey upwork im new to this platform can you analyse my portfolio. thanks

celgins
Community Member

Hey Maham,

My initial analysis is that you need to make your profile 100% complete before applying to jobs. If you are a writer, make your title more specific like Content Writer or Writer | Articles, Blogs, eBooks or Creative Writer.

Then, your overview/summary should focus on your writing background and the writing services you can provide to clients. The BA degree, financial and balance sheet information is unrelated to writing, so there is no need to include it.

Since you are new to Upwork, I suggest revising your profile as suggested above.. Add more information about your writing and add a portfolio. The best way to setup your profile is to go through the following Academy Courses and Learning Paths:

Good luck!

b85b5ff4
Community Member

Hello there..  
Newbie here, may I request to review my profile for feedback. 
Thank you!
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01f7f6dcdcab69a9d0

celgins
Community Member

Hello Estrella,

I see something in your profile I often see in freelancer profiles--someone with multiple skills, but no way to tie them together. Actually, you should not tie them together because it will only confuse prospective clients.

My suggestion is to create one or two Specialized Profiles that focus on different skills. Your main profile can be Social Media Marketing while a specialized profile can focus on Accounting. Then, if you are also big into video editing, create a second specialized profile for Video Editing. For each one, you will give them appropriate titles, which are specific to those skill areas. Your Accounting summary will focus specifically on accounting/finance services you can provide to clients and your Video Editing summary will focus on video editing services.

If your main profile remains Social Media Marketing, remove video editing and accounting from the title and make sure the summary focuses only on the social media marketing services you can provide.

The same applies for the skill categories in your skills list. Choose accounting/finance skill categories for your Accounting profile, video editing skill categories for your Video Editing profile, etc.

You also need to add a portfolio to show samples of your work. The portfolio is a chance to make a positive first impression on potential clients. If you don’t have relevant examples to add to your portfolio, you can create items that demonstrate your skills.

Since you are new to Upwork, make sure your profile is 100% complete before applying to jobs. The best way to do that, is to go through the following Academy Courses and Learning Paths:

493fd9be
Community Member

Hello Upwork community please look at my Upwork profile (I'm new on Upwork). And help me to get a projects
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01fda53071255d0902 

celgins
Community Member

Hello Shiv,

Unfortunately, other freelancers cannot help you get projects. However, we can make recommendations on improving your profile, which might keep prospective clients interested.

I looked at your profile and I think everything looks good. You should add a few more items to your portfolio. The portfolio is a chance to make a positive first impression and clients will expect to see a little more from a digital marketing expert.

Also, add short job descriptions for each job in your employment history since they are highly relevant to your Upwork digital marketing services.

After you make these updates, start applying for jobs that match your qualifications and skills by writing great cover letters. In your cover letters, always make sure you create a custom response based on the client's job. Focus on the client's specific points in their job description; highlight your qualifications; and tell the client how you will meet their requirements.

Good luck!

berl-diane
Community Member

Hello Community!!!

Can someone please check my profile and give some constructive feedback? Thanks in advance!!

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~015598710cf8e4161b

Hi Diane,

I think your profile sounds good. Here are a few things I would do to improve it:

Overview/Summary: The summaries for your main profile and both specialized profiles are good, but I suggest adding spaces between paragraphs to make it easier for clients to read.

Skills: You should add a few more skill categories to your skills list, but only if they are relevant. I think you should add Customer Support, Phone Support, and Customer Relationship Management  to your main profile skills list.The biggest reason to update your skills categories is so clients can find you when they search for your specific skills, and so Upwork’s matching algorithms can better match you with relevant jobs.

Porfolio: I think you should add a few customer service specific items to your portfolio. For example, if you have experience with any CRMs, chat software, or scheduling apps, you can add screenshots.

I think that is it; everything else in your profile looks good.

Thank you Clark!

I added some more skills and added the space between paragraphs in my overview.

8912967b
Community Member

Hey Community,

I would love to have feedback from all the experienced PRO's here on my profile.
Please do have a look and share your valuable feedback.
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0192445d036c41b465

celgins
Community Member

Hi Manjit,

I looked through your profile and I think it looks and sounds good. You need to add a portfolio and add more skill categories to your skills lists. A portfolio is critical for a web developer and it is important to keep your skills list updated with relevant skills categories so that Upwork can match you with relevant jobs, and so your profile will appear when clients search for your skills.

The other areas of your profile are fine.

8912967b
Community Member

A big thanks to you Clark.

I've started adding a portfolio to my profile.

dvorsky_vasyl
Community Member

Hi can you check my upwork profile please?
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01ed3e270c9b65a678

Hi Vasyl,

Make your main profile title more specific to a skill area or occupation and capitalize the first letter of each word to make it stand out better: Graphic Designer & Illustrator or Designer Illustrator. Do the same for your Cartoons & Comics specialized profile (Portrait Artist or Cartoon/Comic Portrait Artist) and your Graphic Design specialized profile (Graphic Designer).

I think your overview/summary is too short to use a list. Instead, use sentences and paragraphs to tell clients who you and and the services you provide:

I'm a highly skilled Graphic Designer and Illustrator with more than 10 years of experience designing eye-catching vector graphics and art for my clients. I use Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign to covers, flyers, brochures, business cards, product boxes and packages of various designs, and I can professionally convert raster images into vector images (of any complexity).

(Then, tell them that you will work with them to ensure their design meets their specifications and how you can complete the design in a timely manner.)

Then, add a short job description for your job at Druk Art in your employment history.

ramez21
Community Member

Hi, can you check my Upwork profile, please?

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~012461a5d4b33ed14b

celgins
Community Member

Hi Ramez,

It is often best to start your profile overview/summary with a brief background of your experience and immediately telling clients how you can help them. I suggest removing the entire first paragraph in your summary. See screenshot below.

celgins_0-1689531001297.png

Why? Because the first two sentences of your summary are shown to clients when they search for freelancers. You have a very small window of opportunity to grab their attention and you don't want to waste space with unnecessary content. Clients care about results, so you need to tell them--within those first two sentences--what you can do for them. For example:

I am a Graphics Designer with more than ____ years of experience creating high-quality designs for my clients. I create business cards, brochures, banners, leaflets, menu cards, trifolds, labels, icons, t-shirts, ID cards, and more.

My clients request a variety of designs and I take their concepts and ideas and visualize the image from their perspective. I can work with you to develop graphics based on your specific needs. My goal is to bring your vision for a product, brand or your business to reality by developing colorful, eye-catching designs.

You should add more items to your portfolio. Clients will expect to see several examples of logos, banners, tri-folds, etc. from a graphic designer.

Add more relevant skill categories to your skills list. At a minimum, you should add Graphic Design, Adode Photoshop, and Figma It is important to keep your skills list updated with relevant skills categories so that Upwork can match you with relevant jobs, and so your profile will appear when clients search for your skills.

3d2401ec
Community Member

Hello, Upwork community! Please have a look at my profile. I'm new to freelancing any tips? Thank you!

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~014282112116ce1c9b

celgins
Community Member

Hello Jill,

Welcome to Upwork.

I like the start of your profile. But you have one key item missing: a portfolio, which I'm sure you can imagine is critical for a graphic designer. Add a portfolio and fill it with colorful graphics that you have designed in the past or you can create new designs specifically for Upwork. Or, you can link to an offline portfolio if you have one.

The only suggestion I have for your overview/summary is to give prospective clients more information about what you can do. You mention illustrations and photography and logo development, but graphic designers can do much more than that. Tell clients: "I can create logos, brochures, infographics, flyers, banners, business cards, vector art, thumbnails, and other designs."

Everyhing else in your profile looks good. The most important update you should make is the portfolio. The portfolio is a chance to make a positive first impression and clients will expect to see one.

Good luck!

801ec172
Community Member

Helooo to all!! I am new here in unwork and I'm currently looking for an
opportunity to work with. I am a graphic designer and experienced in
editing photos. I also have experience as Data Capture Operator where I
edit documents from hardware to software. I really need your advice and
guidance please help..😃

Best regards.
32b6f18c
Community Member

Hello, My name is Irti!za and I am pretty new to upwork.I have opened my special CAD profile and until now I have bid a few jobs, but havent got any. Can someone pls review my profile and give me tips on how can I get clnstant orders in upwork? It would be very appreciable. 

celgins
Community Member

Review provided below.

32b6f18c
Community Member

Hello, I am Irtiza, I have opened my cad profile and recently I have applied for several jobs but didnt secure any. Can anyone please evaluate my profile so that I can get tips and feedback?  It would be really helpful for me. 

celgins
Community Member

Hello Irtiza,

I looked at your profile and have a few suggestions:

Title: Capitalize the first letter of each word to make your title stand out better: Mechanical Design Engineer | Certified Solidworks Professional.

Overview/Summary: There are a few grammatical errors that need correcting in your summary. You should also rephrase a few sentences to speak directly to clients. Clients are looking for results, so you have to tell them how you can help them. Finally, add a few spaces between paragraphs to make your summary easier to read. For example:

I am a Mechanical Design Engineer working in one of the biggest home appliance manufacturers of Bangladesh in Walton Compressor's Research & Innovation department. I can design sand casting molds, reverse engineer products for manufacturing or casting, and modify machine parts for 3D printing or CNC/VMC manufacturing processing. I can also perform root cause analysis of a product's design defect through testing by applying mechanical stress, strain or thermal simulation to see the behavior of the prototype. observe the fluid flow in hermetic condition by applying multiphase simulation, and sand casting mold flow simulation in Ansys fluent etc.

For the past two years, I have led several projects where I collaborated with MAGMA for 6 cavity implementation and worked with Vibro for design evaluation of the alpha series compressor of Walton and many more. I am a certified Solidworks professional and I haves four advanced professional certificates in mold making, surfacing, sheet metal and drawing tools.

Skills: We are allowed up to 15 skill categories, so you should choose 15 skills. You should add skills that are relevant to your work. For example, you should add Mechanical Design, 3D Rendering, Injection Mold, and more. Some of these are in your CAD specialized profile, and you should also add them to your main profile. It is important to keep your skills list updated with relevant skills categories so that Upwork can match you with relevant jobs, and so your profile will appear when clients search for your skills.

Employment History: Add short job descriptions for each job in your employment history.

6103adb6
Community Member

Hi there!

I am new to UpWork and I would love some feedback on my profile. I welcome any comments and suggestions on how best to improve my profile.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01e354ad5b00684b06?viewMode=1 

Thank you in advance!

Andi Scarborough 

celgins
Community Member

Hi Andi,

Welcome to Upwork.

I looked through your profile and you are off to a good start. I have a few suggestions to improve and complete your profile:

Photo: The first thing you should do is change your profile photo. Your photo isn't bad, but the picture in your photo should be a close-up image of your head and shoulders that clearly shows your face. Read through Upwork's best practices for How to Choose A Good Profile Picture.

Title: Your title is specific and sounds good.

Overview/Summary: The first thing I noticed about your summary is the length; it's too short. You have to give prospective clients enough information to understand what you do and the services you provide. Clients expect to read about your skills and qualifications, but they really want to know how your skills/qualifications will benefit them.

One of the best ways to start your summary is to briefly tell clients who you and and what you can do for them. It's important to do this within the first two sentences. Why? Because the first two sentences of your summary are shown to clients when they search for freelancers. You have a very small window of opportunity to grab their attention. Clients care about results, so you need to tell them--within those first two sentences--what you can do for them. For example:

I'm an expert Healthcare Management professional with a keen sense of business development, leadership development and professionalism. I can oversee and manage the administration of your healthcare system to improve your customers’ lives by making healthcare work better, and offer a variety of progress reports, reviews, analyses, evaluations, and recommendations.

I want to understand your organization’s goals and how best to implement them. I can work with your healthcare managers to understand your organizations' health environment, and work alongside clinicians and providers to oversee organizational functions like strategic planning, budgeting, policymaking and setting agendas.

(Then, you can say something more about how your background/experience will ensure success. Finally, tell them that you are available to discuss their needs.)

Of course, you don't have to use this verbatim; you should adjust or tweak it to your liking. But the approach should be the same--talk about your experience a little, then focus on telling clients how you can help them.

Portfolio: Add a portfolio to show samples of your work. Previous work samples may be difficult for healthcare management, but you can provide screenshots of any tools/applications you use or checklists or anything clients might want to see to show your qualifications. The portfolio is a chance to make a positive first impression on potential clients, so it's good for new freelancers to have something there.

I think that's it for now. Once you make these updates, I think clients will have a better understanding of the services you can provide and how you can help meet their needs or solve their problems.

Good luck!

1c802d01
Community Member

Hello, Upwork community, please check my profile. If, I have any fault, Please tell me. I want to be a Successful Freelancer, And How can I get my First Client?please give me good views for my carrier۔۔۔

celgins
Community Member

Hello Hafiza,

Your profile has the bare minimum and this is not enough to start sending proposals.

The first thing you should do is change your profile photo. The picture in your photo should be a close-up image of your head and shoulders that clearly shows your face--not a graphic or avatar. Read through Upwork's best practices for How to Choose A Good Profile Picture.

If you are providing data entry services, your title should be something like Data Entry Specialist. Data entry is a highly competitive skill area on Upwork, so your profile has to be in great shape or clients will always ignore you.

Since you are new to Upwork, make sure your profile is 100% complete before applying to jobs. The best way to get your profile setup is to go through the following Academy Courses and Learning Paths:

0aea0ce3
Community Member

Hello Upwork Community, please help check my Profile

celgins
Community Member

Hello Angela,

I looked through your profile and I have a few suggestions that might help improve it:

Title: Your title will work best if it is specific and focused on a particular skill set or occupation. This can be difficult when you have several marketable skills, but Upwork clients will be less confused if they recognize your title as a skill area. For example, data entry and account management and project management are not necessarily related. My suggestion is to make your title something like Data Entry Specialist or Data Entry Coordinator. Then, create one or two Specialized Profiles that focuses other services like account management.

Overview/Summary: If you focus your main profile on data entry services, your summary should focus on data entry services. You can mention that you manage accounts as a data entry specialist, but your summary should focus on the data entry services you can provide to clients (i.e., data collection, data analysis, data entry, typing, etc.)

In your account management specialized profile, its summary will focus on account management services (i.e., manage client relationships, oversee customer account management, etc.)

Skills: The same strategy should be applied to your skills list. In your data entry profile, add skills relevant to data entry. In your account management profile, add skills relevant to account management. It is important to keep your skills list updated with relevant skills categories so that Upwork can match you with relevant jobs, and so your profile will appear when clients search for your skills.

Portfolio: Add a portfolio to show samples of your work. The portfolio is a chance to make a positive first impression on potential clients. Clients might want to see samples of Microsoft Excel data entry, a database data entry screen, customer relationship documentation, etc. If you don’t have relevant examples to add to your portfolio, you can create items that demonstrate your skills.

Once you make these updates, I think clients will have a better understanding of the services you provide and how you can help meet their needs.

1302e8e5
Community Member

Hi, would you please look into my profile, please suggest/comment if necssary. Thanks

celgins
Community Member

Hi Prabin,

Upwork shows your profile as Private. You must set your profile to Public so we can see it.

0aea0ce3
Community Member

Hello Moderator and Everyone!!!
I am Angela Nwobodo, a Speedy Data Entry, Project and Accounts Manager. A Nigerian Living in Nigeria,
Interested in Remote Data Entry work from any where in the world. Need support of everyone to make it.

celgins
Community Member

Review provided above.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths