🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelan...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Hi New Upwork Freelancers!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The Community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,582 REPLIES 3,582
14a5d430
Community Member

Hi, I just tras your comment in upwork blog, más I would like your recomendation about my profile.
I am new in upwork, and appreciate some advice.
5ef38e05
Community Member

Hello! I am new to this. I hope they will consider my proposal. How would I know if I get hired?

Hi Jovie Mae,

Once you have a contract in place, it will show up on your My Jobs page. Please check out these helpful articles to learn more about Hourly contracts and these ones too for Fixed-Price contracts. Let us know if you need further help with anything.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
gnudlepye
Community Member

Hey everyone, I hope you are all doing well!

Please can you have a look at my profile and share any feedback you may have about how I could improve it? I am applying for tons of jobs but having very little response. https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/~0175bdeece35001e1a/

I would really, REALLY appreciate it! I'm not sure what I am doing wrong 😭

Thanks, Nats

Hi Natalie,

From my perspective, your profile looks quite good. I don't see a lot of room for improvement. You probably just need to have more patience. Seems like you're well on your way!

Good luck

Edit #1

Oops. I see that your last job was in 2018. I didn't catch that the first time around. That seems odd. I would advise to brush up on your proposals*.

* https://www.upwork.com/hiring/for-freelancers/submitting-a-winning-proposal-on-upwork/

Thanks, Mike I appreciate you taking the time to have a look. I will keep at it 🙂 

The reason my last job was in 2018 was that I had a full-time job and was freelancing after hours, but it was too much, so I stopped (unfortunately, I lost my JSS). I am now 100% freelance and trying to build up a client base, but it seems much more difficult in 2020 to even get a response from a proposal.

Hey, can you review my profile, please? I'm not getting a single order 

navneet_kahlon21
Community Member

Please review my profile. I would appreciate it.
rrdigitalagency
Community Member

Can anyone please review my profile, I have sent more than 15 proposals but didn't get one chance even. If buyers looking for freelancers with many reviews, how can a new freelancer in Upwork will get orders? 

I agree, I'm also interested. How can I find customers without experience on the site?
mouchiraoumran
Community Member

Hey there,

I am new here and I am trying to get my profile going. Please check my portfolio, also, would not mind some endoresments and some deals to start things off. Message me for help or feedback. Thanks in advance! 

Cheer from Egypt!

ovonomo
Community Member

Hi there,
I would like some feedback regarding my profile, please.
Thanks
Ovonomo
skynet-tech-ghy
Community Member

Hello Mike,

This would be a good opportunity for me to get some feedback from other seasoned freelancers on my profile and understand how to stand out in the crowd.

Looking forward to the upcoming Wednesday!

Thank you

Saquib

mashewskiy
Community Member

Hi, experienced freelancers! I would appreciate it if you rate my profile and point out any errors.

Aleksandr M wrote:
Hi, experienced freelancers! I would appreciate it if you rate my profile and point out any errors.

Add video you edited with music to show your skills.

8a24c05a
Community Member

Hi, greetings to the veterans in the house. I would appreciate a review of my profile. I gotta improve! Thanks a lot

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01e07a4bb6fbc7e034
khennienectar
Community Member

Kindly check my profile. I await your feedback. Thanks in advance.

Hi Omokehinde
Would you mind proofreading your profile information. Please see attached screenshot.
Regards
Ovon

Hi,

I'm new to Upwork, I experience in multiple disciplines. Please if you can help me get started I would really apperciate it. I am looking for new work ASAP. 

Thank you!

Community Member

Hello.  Just getting started and would really like feedback on my profile to make sure I'm getting off on the right foot

thanks

rondev3738
Community Member

please can you review and give a feedback of my profile?

jonathanlevey
Community Member

I am new to Upwork.

Veery pleased with its structures, protocols, etc. 

Worked hard to establish a good Upwork profile, but I know there are always ways to improve it.

I am very open to constructive feedback. 

I am pleased to say that I finished my first contract yesterday, using the Upwork Zoom platform, and internal messaging system through the process. I am also pleased to say that my furst Upwork expereince was a mutual success --for both the cleint (CEO level Job seeker) and myself. INn fact, she has let me know that she will be posting her positive feedback on by Wednesday. 

I look forward to new carrying out new contracts in the weeks, and months (and years) to come, as well. UNfortuantely, at present, there does not seem to be a large pool of requestes for my areas of expertise: Linkedin Optimization, Career Coaching and Interview Prep --primarily at the mid-executive job-seeker level.

Or, perjhaps my search for these types of assignments is too restricted and can be enlarged. 

Also, I wonder how easily I can be foudn my prospective cleints seeking the skills and serivces that i offer?

All constructive inout an dfeedback is appreciated, especially at this early juncture.

Jonathan
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Jonathan Levey

Jonathan L wrote:

I am new to Upwork.

Veery pleased with its structures, protocols, etc. 

Worked hard to establish a good Upwork profile, but I know there are always ways to improve it.

I am very open to constructive feedback. 

I am pleased to say that I finished my first contract yesterday, using the Upwork Zoom platform, and internal messaging system through the process. I am also pleased to say that my furst Upwork expereince was a mutual success --for both the cleint (CEO level Job seeker) and myself. INn fact, she has let me know that she will be posting her positive feedback on by Wednesday. 

I look forward to new carrying out new contracts in the weeks, and months (and years) to come, as well. UNfortuantely, at present, there does not seem to be a large pool of requestes for my areas of expertise: Linkedin Optimization, Career Coaching and Interview Prep --primarily at the mid-executive job-seeker level.

Or, perjhaps my search for these types of assignments is too restricted and can be enlarged. 

Also, I wonder how easily I can be foudn my prospective cleints seeking the skills and serivces that i offer?

All constructive inout an dfeedback is appreciated, especially at this early juncture.

Jonathan
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

As long as your profile is public (it is), you can be found in the search results when potential clients look for the skills you have put in. Search results are rotated on a regular basis, so it depends on how high on the top you appear, how far the client is willing to scroll down, etc. 

Your rate is high, which might result in less views of your profile, or more views without hire, the clients willing to pay it may be very few, so you should probably not expect a steady stream of work. 

Would love constructive criticism 

nehalpatel20
Community Member

Would love it if someone review my profile please.

Nehal K wrote:
Would love it if someone review my profile please.

It is refreshing to see that you didn't fill your profile with meaningless drivel, your hobbies, resume word salad or a greeting. That's good! I often tell people to leave that out. 

On the other hand ................................................. you have nothing else but a list of skills. You need to sell yourself. You need to make a connection. You need to capture attention. 

So, back to the start! Add a little fluff, please! (never thought I would say that ... but here we go.)

Thanks Martina. I’ll try and add a bit of fluff now 😁
feyrenest
Community Member

Someone help me check my profile

Pearse J wrote:
Someone help me check my profile

You need a more professional picture, for starters. 

Okay I'm on it

Is there anything else i should take note of?
mehdisaba91
Community Member

Could u check my profile and help me

Saba, good start! Upwork has several good resources for freelancers that are available under 'Resource Corner'. One of my favorite articles is: https://www.upwork.com/resources/9-tips-create-freelancer-profile-stands-out

Try to go through each of these 9 steps to write a profile. Each year, as you gain more and more experience, you can update your profile with the help of this article or other articles available.

Good luck, I am rooting for your success. 

azher1248
Community Member

Hi Mike,

Could you please provide feedback on my profile? I will really appreciate it.

Thanks 

freelance_senpai
Community Member

helena1103
Community Member

Yes, please, please. I would love a feedback on my profiles (translation and virtual assistance). Thank you.

Helena, that is an excellent start. Consider editing your title. "History" does not fit well with the description provided and projects that you may want to work on. Also, consider adding a short video. Lastly, add relevant images to make your portfolio stand out.  

Good luck, I am sure you will get several projects on this platform. 

8a24c05a
Community Member

Can an experienced Upworker look at my profile for just 5 mins and tell me what's wrong? Thank you.
0a3f6fad
Community Member

I hope that this thread is still active! I'd love some feedback on my profile and any advice on how many different profiles is typical. My skills and services range from creative writing, to proofreading, to presentation creation. 

Thanks!

Jennifer

metheny211985
Community Member

Hello Mike, 

My name is Dylan Galvin, I'm a freelancer on Upwork who does music production/mixing/songwriting and voice overs.  

I wanted to see if a pro could look at my profile.  I had a very good start out the gate and am on the way to makeing $2,000 on my profile, but after watching an Upwork Zoom session on how to improve my profile, after adjusting my profile and cover letters, I am getting almost no responses.   Below is my profile link and the proposal for my voice overs.  I customize the proposal for every single job using relevant information.  

Is there any observable issue that is causing my job acceptance rate to be so low? Almost 42 submissions in the past couple weeks and almost no jobs.  Do I need an intro video?  Does my cover letter need improvement?  Does my profile lack something that prospective clients are searching for?

Profile:
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01eb9d6af717981196?viewMode=1

Vocie Over Proposal:

I'm excited to help you with this project. 

You can expect a professionally delivered edited, mixed and mastered voice over that sounds clean, full and polished.  A 100% Job Success score and a long list of pleased clients in and outside of Upwork will put you at ease. Any notes and direction are gladly welcome.  From a recent commercial voice over project, my client wrote:

"Extremely professional, timely and was able to bring to life not one but two of our characters.   Our team was very pleased with his work"  **Edited for Community Guidelines**

We can discuss details via an Upwork call or communicate here through messenger.  I will review your script first and if anything needs clarification, I'll let you know.  If everything is clear, I'll record a read through of all the parts you need on my industry standard L22 Sphere mic.  I will edit out noises and breaths, and mix and master the audio so that you receive the best quality audio possible. 

Samples of my work/Voice Over Reel:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

If you think we might be a good fit, just send over the contract and any needed details and I will get to work on your great sounding voice over

Dylan

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths