🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelan...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Hi New Upwork Freelancers!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The Community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,582 REPLIES 3,582
dadukhan
Community Member

Hello, community

I am new to Upwork freelancing and when I complete my profile after that I am applying for so many jobs and didn't get a single job since I had created Upwork and my profile views are also low from the day I created my Upwork account. so plz tell me some suggestions how can I get first project to me .

Hi Pathan!

Let's begin with setting your profile to "public." 

Next: views. Don't be bothered by those numbers. I have worked on around 20 jobs to date and 4k+ earnings, yet I struggle to this day with invites. 

The key to getting your first project (and the next few ones) is proposals. You have to keep actively looking for jobs that are most relevant to what you do. My advice would be to get a low-budget, quick gig as your first one: there's less room for error, higher chances of hire, and higher chances of a positive review if you do a good job. Also, apply to the newest jobs first to increase your chances of being seen.

Since you are going to rely so heavily on proposals, you have to learn how to write one. There's no rule of thumb to what a proposal should ideally look like, but here are some key points:

- Don't copy/paste proposals. Start fresh every time.

- Understand the client requirements, and try to address as many, as soon as possible

- Attach the links/docs of your most relevant work and make sure you point that out to your potential client

- Try to keep it short.

- When you have applied for one application, refresh your feed and find the next latest one

- Trial and error... you'll figure it out

I hope it helps. Best of luck!

b376ea27
Community Member

Im struggling to get any work from the website. I am an airbnb expert with 10 years experience. i paid for connects, i sent job proposals not even received 1 message reply. On **Edited for Community Guidelines**i have five star reviews and earnt over 1500 usd now. Im super keen to get some work here. 

Matt, I am quite confused with the overivew section. Hypothetically speaking, if I listed a property on Airbnb website, what services would you offer me? Would you help me become a better host? 

Or

did you work for Airbnb company? And now you are looking for another company client in the same domain?  

(I apologize for my ignorance as I am not at all familiar with your line of work.) 

e261a0ca
Community Member

Can someone please go through my profile and give suggestions on how I can improve my profile

https://www.upwork.com/fl/wajahat

Wajahat, thank you for your inbox message. I had reviewed your profile on 02/15/2021. I noticed that you changed from shoe video to a jewelery video but again did not explain your role. I am copy-pasting suggestions again. 

These were the suggestions: 

Wajahat, your profile is well-written. A couple things to consider - Your hourly rates are inconsistent i.e. all three profiles have same title "Interior and Product Designer" and yet the hourly rates are different. A potential client will get confused by this set-up. The introductory video is visually cool but it doesn't inform your potential client about anything. Did you design that shoe or how were you involved in the process of making that shoe?   Good luck, I wish you the best. 

Thank you so much for reviewing my profile, means a lot. I have made all the changes you suggested will also edit the video.

Thank you.

lawyeriurist
Community Member

Hello,

May I ask somebody of experienced freelancers to see my profile. I try to get a job as an Admin Assistant, Admin Support, Data entry area. Exactly I post my proposals, but I have no one answer from potential clients, a long time ago. My account is Unvisible at the moment because I was not hired in last time.

Thank you very much.

aghwotuovuoke
Community Member

Hello there. Thank you for this. I would like to have my profile reviewed. Thank you for your time. 

b45cc1fd
Community Member

Hello everyone, hope you're doing well.

I'm kind of new to Upwork (have worked with local clients though).

I just want expert reviews about my profile.

Like whether it looks professional or needs to be modified?

Abdul, your profile is set to private. Could you please set it to public? 

Can you please go through my profile and give suggestions on how I can improve my profile

https://www.upwork.com/fl/wajahat

Wajahat, thank you for your inbox message. I had reviewed your profile on 02/15/2021. I noticed that you changed from shoe video to a jewelery video but again did not explain your role. I am copy-pasting suggestions again. 

These were the suggestions: 

Wajahat, your profile is well-written. A couple things to consider - Your hourly rates are inconsistent i.e. all three profiles have same title "Interior and Product Designer" and yet the hourly rates are different. A potential client will get confused by this set-up. The introductory video is visually cool but it doesn't inform your potential client about anything. Did you design that shoe or how were you involved in the process of making that shoe?   Good luck, I wish you the best. 

mdjahid01
Community Member

Hello Mike,

Can you please provide me feedback on my profile? My profile visibility is public.

My profile link is: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0156e24e2def8a1438

60645f68
Community Member

Hi Mike, with all my respect. Could you check my profile and provide me with feedback. I will appreciate it!
Thank you!

tahir60652
Community Member

Hi!

I have been active on Upwork for around 4 months now, sending proposals regularly. I have completed 3 jobs and have also received a rising talent badge as well. After my last job, I have been sending proposals for a couple of weeks now and I have gotten no response. I'm following all the guidelines for proposals (customized proposals, writing what can be delivered, etc) but I have not gotten any response at all. 

Is there anything I should be doing to get out of this stagnant ditch? Any tips would help out a lot!

Thank you in advance

Tahir

fahadshahzaad
Community Member

Hello Guys, M a new user to this platform, i've passed my readiness test also and other than this i've submitted some proposals to clients but after a long i didn't getting any responce. Can you please guide me to get some response and some perks for profile how can i increase my profile rate to attract clients.

sr_vijay
Community Member

Hi Guru's,

I have read and done analysis how to get invitation to my profile. I have updated all the things which I get from this community and other platforms as well as. But still not getting a single invitation from few weeks.

I have updated following things to my profile like :

• Update Hourly Rate
  • Update Profile Title
  • Revise availability Private to Public
  • Portfolio Update
  • Make sure all previous projects are marked as completed
  • Add showcase to your profile

Is there any more update I need to done for my profile to get invitation?

Pleaase guru's suggest me what I need to do now?

Thanks

Shri Ram, I am puzzled why have you slashed your rates by 50%? 

Hi Aditi, Thanks for your response actually I am not getting any new projects last completed but clients have paid me half payment. About my hourly rate I decided to decrease my rate due to covide19, I thought maybe clients are also facing financial issues so I think if I reduce my rate then I can get a new job. But still, this is not worthful to me.

So please suggest to me what I need to update? should I need to update my last completed hourly price or something else. Please guide me.

Thanks

Your profile reads well. I'd encourage you to do market research and then do the pricing. 

I have no idea about your field of work but 50% cut seems harsh. If an employer did it, I would not be happy. Then in self-employment, why would you do it to yourself?

(Here 'you' is used in a general sense and not one particular person.)  

Hello,
Thank you for your answer. Be well.

I'm updating everything on my profile will anyone review my profile to see how it's going.

fecf53e3
Community Member

Hi, 

I would like to hear from you about my profile... Thanks!

Nazia, I'd be happy to review your profile after you complete it. At present, there are several areas that need completion. Please take a look at this article to get some ideas: https://www.upwork.com/resources/9-tips-create-freelancer-profile-stands-out

Nazia, thank you for your message in inbox. To get contracts (or 'orders' as you mention), a freelancer needs to have a complete profile. At present, your profile has missing information e.g, portfolio, testimonials etc. Please use the link I provided earlier to complete the profile.

Once you complete your profile, then you can start sending out proposals. I am sure that you will get contracts on this platform soon.    

ca802622
Community Member

Hi everyone. I would like you to give me your constructive feedback regarding my profile on UpWork. I would appreciate your tips, advices, and objective judgement. Thanks in advance!

753788eb
Community Member

Hello,
Please kindly check my profile.
Thanks
ali_rashdi
Community Member

With all my respect. Could you check my profile and provide me with feedback. I will appreciate it!
Thank you!

Ali Manan Rashdi

jamuras
Community Member

Holla guys! I hope everyone is doing well!

I would appreciate your help and tips to improve my profile 🙂 Thanks!

jamuras
Community Member

🙂

f10cded8
Community Member

How i can get review of experienced freelancer on my profile to get suggestions.
sumanfl
Community Member

Hi Everyone,

I am using this platform from the months ago and got clients also. But recently past 3 weeks couldn't getting any answer from the clients. I have checked my profile and did all the needfull. I think somthing missed but can't get that point.

So my humble request to all of you, please check my profile and say is there anything I missed or I should require to rectify. It would be helpful to me. Thank you

Regards

Suman B.

Hi Suman, 

No worries, It happended with me few times, I am working with upwork form past 7+ years

Usually it happens when client is busy in replying or any personal issues,

if it is fixed cost project your payment for submitted milestone will be paid automatically after a period of time specified by the upwork(you can refer upwork documentation) 

There is option you can close the project also once all your payments are made and specify the project closing reason as client not responsive, This is what I do when client did not reply for say couple of months.

There may be another reason for client not replying, client may wanted to give you more work and do not wanted to post antoher job etc... 

over all no worry, it happend with me as well

All the best

Manjunath

Hi Manjunath,

Thanks for your reply. But my point is I am sending proposals to my niche, though there is no reply for the last 3 weeks. So I want to get feedback is there any issues in my profile or anything else. Please see my profile and suggest me the requirements. Thanks

Regards

Suman B.

dongre_kunal33
Community Member

Hi, there I am new to Upwork.

Please check my profile and suggest to me how to enrich and make a quality profile.

annie_55
Community Member

Hi Upwork team!

Greetings,

I'm a professional content writer and work as a freelancer on diffrent Freelancing sites. I'm new on Upwork, please review my profile and need your precious feedbacks.

Thank you!

Regards,
Annie khan
36098d01
Community Member

Dear Mike, 

Thank you so, much for this valued suggestion.

I am also a new freelancer on Upwork, ln less than 1 year I have completed 3 jobs, and two are in-process.

I would sincerely appreciate it, if someone review my profile and point-out the errors/glitches.

I will value the feedback and suggestion and will follow your instructions.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

Kamran M.

c56ae463
Community Member

Hello! Could you check my profile too please? thank you!

Leda, your profile is not set to public. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths