🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelan...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Hi New Upwork Freelancers!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The Community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,582 REPLIES 3,582

Hello! I am new to upwork and would appreciate feedback on my profile link here: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~016f6dd940807841d9 

I've submited 3 proposals so far and 1 became archived.

Do you think I need more portfolio items? 

sandeepkulkarni9
Community Member

Hi, j am desperately looking freelancer job, appreciate for your help.

Thank you,
Sandeep
Anonymous-User
Not applicable

Sandeep, except for languages & one employment, I cannot see any other details on your profile. When the profile is completed, I am happy to review it.   

Hi sandeep,

Your profile is empty. How can I help you.

Thanks

Suman B.

Hi, I hope you are all doing fine.
I want to know if I can improve my profile in any way.
I know that there is already a thread for new freelancers for profile review. But there is too much rush and my comment didn't get that much attention.
karithigeorge
Community Member

Dear Mike. Kindly give feedback on my profile. How does it appear? Is it sellable, or up to the task? Are there some things I need to edit?

Regards Alfred. K

shahzadpv
Community Member

Would love to receive comments of gurus on my profile......

qaisarnaeem1
Community Member

no order

Hi Qaisar,

1st of all you should complete your profile with 100% shows on the right side of you feed page. Then you have to approve your profile with Upwork. Try to touch each and every section mentioned by Upwork. And then send your previous employer to give you a testimonial, which will effect your trust level to the client. After complete the all process send proposal everyday, I assure you definitely get you work within few days. Best of Luck.

Thank You

Suman B. 

manelgha
Community Member

hello, i'm a new freelancer in upwork.

can you help me to find a work please

sumanfl
Community Member

Hi Manel,

You have to complete your profile with 100% and approve your profile by Upwork. Try to add a testimonial from your previous employer. It will help you to increase your client's trust level. Touch every section to make your profile stronger. Then send proposal everyday and get you job soon. Best of Luck.

Thank You

Suman B.

manelgha
Community Member

thank you for answering. i should add a video to reach 100% now my account rate is 95%.

fl_pol
Community Member

Hi

I'm new to Upwork. I would like to get my profile reviewed by experienced people

sumanfl
Community Member

Hi Francis,

You are already working. Good Job. Try to fill more in your profile to get more jobs.

Thanks

Suman B.

anand-parthasara
Community Member

Dear Sir,

I am new to up work and tried my best to search for the column of profile visibility unable to find it. I have dropped message to up work customer care how to get started with data entry. Few jobs I have made proposal but no information received. Anybody can help me how to start and doing bidding is bit hard task I feel unable to understand should we claim for lesser amount or more
dhrangadhariya34
Community Member

Hi, Can you please take a look into my profile and provide feedback? I have been applying to several proposals but not getting response. Thanks in advance.

maurinenasimiyu
Community Member

Hello,I am new on Upwork and I really need your help. I am a writer who has the ambition to excel in my career and without your help, I can't make it.Please provide me with a profile feedback and I will appreciate.
Anonymous-User
Not applicable

Maurine, indeed you write well. The biggest change that needs to happen is to have a decent portfolio. Add items that showcase your expertise. Also, get some testimonials from your previous employers or clients. Your current picture has a soft focus and hence somewhat blurred. Is it possible to get a professional headshot? (There are COVID-19 safety measures at many places. Ignore this suggestion for now if you cannot step out). I think these three items should boost your chances of success. 

Good luck, I wish you the best. 

Hey there, Aditi. I'd really love it if you could review my profile. I did get a response from someone already here, but she couldn't give me an in-depth review as she said English wasn't her first language. I'd like your take on my profile. Do I need to change the write-ups or is there anything in general I need to remove or add?
Hope to get your response soon.
Anonymous-User
Not applicable

Emmanuel, your profile reads well. I think any references to other freelancer marketplace websites are probably not allowed. Check the policies. Also, you do not have any substantial employment experience. Consider getting testimonials from previous clients. If you have completed any educational milestones (e.g. highschool or college), I would encourage you to add it. It is not required but increases your chances of hiring. 

Good luck, hope this platform works well for you.  

Aditi J wrote:

Emmanuel, your profile reads well. I think any references to other freelancer marketplace websites are probably not allowed. Check the policies. Also, you do not have any substantial employment experience. Consider getting testimonials from previous clients. If you have completed any educational milestones (e.g. highschool or college), I would encourage you to add it. It is not required but increases your chances of hiring. 

Good luck, hope this platform works well for you.  

Aditi, for your information and so that we do not get confused when commenting on the profiles of other colleagues, it is now allowed to have links to external portfolios in the presentation, in addition to being able to attach them in the proposals.
What is not allowed is to have links to profiles in other portals.

I found out recently, because I asked directly in the forum.
https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Links-in-profiles/m-p/919441#M570859

Anonymous-User
Not applicable

Thanks Maria, glad that you asked. 

Thanks a lot for the response, Aditi. 🙂
robeljob
Community Member

Please check my profile
Anonymous-User
Not applicable

MD R, your profile is not complete. I am happy to review it once you add employment and other details. 

mrjetcool
Community Member

Dear sir please review my profile . I shall be very thankful to you.
sjahoo
Community Member

I would like to speak to someone, i'm new here

adamndtr
Community Member

I'm open to feedback on improving my profile to attract new clients! 

Anonymous-User
Not applicable

Adam, wow, you are an inspiration! Consider making few changes: 1. Add description of services you provide in the overview section e.g. nutrition consultation, article writing etc. 2. Add a portfolio of services you provide e.g. sample articles, sample menus you developed etc. 3. Try to get some testimonials from previous employers/clients. 4. Your journey deserves to be shared in some more detail. At present, there is one line description! Consider making a short video that introduces yourself, talks about your journey, and then describes services you offer. 

Good luck, I am sure you will find good clients on this forum.  

jannoroosimets
Community Member

Can someone review my profile and make suggestions for changes to make it more attractive?

2a4d8efc
Community Member

Hi, am new here. How can I attract clients.
sumanfl
Community Member

Hi Innocent,

1st of all you should complete your profile with 100% rate, which is not completed yet. Then approve your profile through Upwork. After approval send proposal everyday related to your niche. You will definiately get your job within few days. Best of Luck.

Thank You

Suman B.

tbvirtual
Community Member

Hello!

I just signed up and am looking for jobs in addition to my 9-5. They must be virtual. Please review my new profile and give feedback.

Thank you!

Hi Taunja,

I think your profile is not completed with 100%. So first complete your profile along with every section mentioned by Upwork. Then send proposal everyday to you niche. You will meet your desires.

Thank You

Suman B.

72cee1a3
Community Member

Hello, I am new to Upwork. Can you please help me assess my profile? 

sumanfl
Community Member

Hi Vatsalya,

I think your profile is not approved by Upwork yet. So approve your profile 1st and send proposal everyday to your selected niche. You will get your job definitely. Best of Luck.

Thank You

Suman B.

abibstors
Community Member

Hi everyone please help me check my own too . I am a beginner
faguwa2010
Community Member

Would love this, please.

Anonymous-User
Not applicable

Ferdinad, your profile reads well. Consider making few changes: 1. All work and specialized profile overview read the same. Consider writing more about your specialized skills. 2. Consider getting testimonials from previous clients as your education and past employment does not directly speak about front-end developer skills. (I am assuming you are freelancing since Sept 2019). 3. Consider adding three separate items in your portfolio for web design, landing page, and animation.  4. Lastly, add more skills keywords. 

Good luck, with some effort, you will find good clients on this platform. 

13909f70
Community Member

Hello,
I am a new freelancer on upwork. I need help to get my first Job. I was submitting several proposals but I can't make it for the moment.

Thanks
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths